
I bought a hat today! I went to an antique store here in Searcy (on the square) and purchased this lovely hat to wear to the Springtime Affair. I'm thrilled about it. The Springtime Affair is Pi Theta Phi's formal this semester... it is supposed to be an anti-formal however, because people sometimes think formals are no fun and this is going to be LOADS of fun! I thought that since it was an "affair" and not a formal, I would do something a bit different with my hair.
In other news, its Wednesday and my efforts at being more productive have lasted at least this long. Today I took two tests, worked in the admissions office, bought this hat, and now I'm about to do my arm workout. Wednesday nights tend to be especially tempting for me food-wise because this is my favorite TV night of the week. I settle in and watch America's Next Top Model, then switch over at 8 to see who gets kicked off American Idol, then watch my favorite show ever LOST. And man-oh-man, is it ever tempting to just grab a pint of Ben and Jerry's and pig out! But..... people who do THAT too often aren't likely to enjoy how they feel or look in a bridesmaid dress (OR in a swimsuit in Cancun.) Dang it.
SO... I'm again asking God to surprise me with strength. Amber sent me these words of encouragement about it in the mail:
"...you have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith, of greater worth than gold... may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him ("or feel him" she adds) now, you believe in him... for you are recieving the goal of your faith, tha salvation of your souls." 1 Peter 1:6-9
No comments:
Post a Comment