Sunday, November 4, 2007

OK.
What to blog about tonight?
I spent the entire afternoon on my feet, wearing heels. This was because i had to go to my job at the florist for a "Christmas at the Corner Open House." What is this, you might wonder? We've been spending the last three weeks decorating the entire shop for Christmas. You know like in the movie Elf when Buddy stays at Gimballs all night and remember what it looks like in the morning? This is what we've been doing. And today was the grand unveiling of it all. And I had to go there and help the ladies see it all, and wear a nametag and allow my boss to introduce me to the shoppers and give me credit for the things I made (which, if you were wondering, was nothing... i was mainly the "tree fluffer") anyway, i had a lot of fun walking around telling heather that my dogs were killing me (aka: my feet.)
What didn't I do today? Study for my Spanish test. Write my Pre-Student Teaching Observation Reports. Read and answer the questions for Spanish 271. Go to Wal-Mart and get Puffs and Alka-Setlzer. All the things I should've done, basically.
Thanks to the time change, its now only nine twenty seven, which means i still have eight or so hours to finish all that (the way my sleeping patterns have been. I should probably sleep more. The lack of sleep has, doubtless, been the cause for my sickness this week.
Lets talk about something else. I had a very self-conscious evening last night. I gave my brother a specific errand to bring me back my black dress from home. He brought me back A black dress, but not the one I meant for him to bring. The one he brought me was actually my mom's back in the day. I needed one to wear because my friends and I always wear black dresses to the Homecoming Musical. So I wore it. But the thing is, my mom was 5'3". It looked rather more scandalous on me than it had on her. And I suppose I could've worn something else, like pants... but my roommates assured me I was making a big deal out of nothing. Problem is: a big deal was made out of it by almost everyone I encountered throughout the evening. And not like, "Whoa dont you look nice?!" but more like, "Whoa... you're showing some leg." And that made me so uncomfortable throughout the evening.
I'm glad I went anyway, because it was fun to watch all my increadibly talented friends up on stage. One of whom is my roommate and ALSO was crowned yesterday Harding's Homecoming Queen. I'm so proud.
I guess that's all. I really should study.

No comments: