Thursday, June 10, 2010

YOU TOO Can Make Zee Flower Cupcakes!

~


You might recall my "Flower Cupcakes" post from a few weeks ago.



These cupcakes were my first and favorite attempt at decorative cupcake-making.
And as you all know... I am now in LOVE with it.


As since its summer vacation and all... I've spent the past few days in Missouri with my sister and I taught her how to make these little beauties.  And we made a video-demo so that all you lovely people can make flower cupcakes too :)


So get excited!!!




The delicious chocolate cake starts with beating together some eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and baking soda.





At the same time... you also preheat the oven, whisk together some flour, sugar, & salt, and melt a couple'a sticks o' butter!







Once the butter's melted... you spoon in lots of cocoa powder and stir in some boiling water.








Once you've boiled it for awhile... add it slowly to the big bowl of flour/sugar.  And slowly stir in the eggs.  Slowly because the chocolate's hot and could scramble the eggs.  Solve this problem by whisking as you combine.





Then pour into muffin tins.  And DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT neglect to use paper cupcake liners and spray them with Pam.  Trust me on this one.  Flower cupcakes are all about being pretty... 

and crumbly, scraped-from-the-pan-with-a-fork cupcakes aren't so pretty.





Take them out 19 minutes later!
Don't worry if they don't look done.
They're done.
You want them to be moist.



Yum Yum Yum!









Time out for a picture of my pretty sister and two of her pretty friends.






Back to business.



This is where you want to end up.
(Notice the cupcake to the left middle... with LOTS of petals.  That would be my sister's cupcake.)




So pretty!





And now!!!  Check out the video-demo for how to make the icing flowers.
And go make some for someone you love (namely, yourself.)












3 comments:

Lana Summitt said...

wait a minute! Am I on PW's site or Carissa's...? Haha jk! Beautiful!

Carissa said...

I know I know!! I felt like a total copycat.

Anonymous said...

I've tried to reach and watch the video but it's been removed. I will try to make these cupcakes myself by following your picture-receipe. How'd you make the flowers on the top? Any suggestion? :-)