Monday, August 2, 2010

Faincy Work Clothes

I was flattered by the same compliment twice today... and both times it was a variation of the very common, "You look cute today / Your outfit is nice today."  Relatively uninteresting occurence, other than the fact that it happened twice. 
 
 But what was WEIRD about it was the source(s).  The first compliment was "Your outfit looks nice today," given to me by an older man from my work who has to be well into his seventies and exeedingly quiet (almost shy.)  I thanked him and really felt very very good after he walked away.
 
The second time it came from the guy loading my shopping bags at Kroger and the words were, "You look cute today."  I find it weird anytime a guy says that... but this was a guy from a Kroger I've never been to which means he has never seen me any other day!  I pointed this out to him but made sure to say thank-you.

And now I'm feeling the pressure because I'm sure tomorrow's outfit has NO chance of topping today's.  :)  Superman's the lucky one because he gets to wear scrubs everyday.  He frequently rubs this fact in my face.


2 comments:

Megan said...

OMG you really think you can post that WITHOUT a picture??! Ugh. If you took one, post it. Otherwise, wear it again soon and take a picture. Or put it back on for long enough to take a picture. You get the idea. :)
But how nice! I thought you were a model the first time I saw you at school. I always wondered what you were doing there. lol!

Carissa said...

Do you know I actually DID consider taking a picture :) but didn't because honestly the outfit wasn't all that great. That's why is was so weird.