Saturday, April 9, 2011

Arranging the Dining Hutch

A few days ago I showed you my new, old hutch.  I'm in the process of transforming my dining room into a chic, cottage-style room for sharing home-cooked meals with family and friends.  I can't wait to see the finished product!  (My dad's coming down in a few weekends to help me with a very special wall treatment... so stay tuned for pictures.)

In the meantime though, I'm selecting a paint color and collecting items to adorn the walls and fill my hutch.  The idea for my hutch is simplicity, no trinkets, with a balanced feel.  (Note: "Balance" does not equal "Symmetry.")

Here's what it looked like the day I brought it home and placed a few things inside...

~
And here is how it looks today after I've adjusted, re-adjusted, added, subtracted, and fussed with it...
If I do say so myself, the final effect is a winner!  Big thanks to my grandma who happened to give me a set of white dishes four years ago that I had completely forgotten about!


~
Of course, its not totally done.  You can see that I still haven't exactly perfected the display on the top yet.  I'm still on the lookout for the perfect thing to put up there.  If only I could find this horse, I'd have it made!  Coincidentally the photo with the perfect horse also contains my dream dining table!  If only they had one just like it down at "Hank's FIIIIINE Furniture"... but alas, no such luck.

~

Still, I'm pretty happy with it!
~

I'll keep you posted on the transformation!

~Carissa

No comments: