Monday, April 25, 2011

The saga of the dining room continues... but FIRST some evening entertainment!

Hello folks.

Before I tell you (or rather, show you) about my dining room transformation... I feel the need to show you something very disturbing.



You see... last Sunday, I begged my husband to accompany me to the plant nursery.  And I bought a zillion buckets of lovely, beautiful, annual flowers to plant in my front flower bed.  I was going for a "Big Cedar" look (and if I do say so myself, I think I came awfully close!)  I have to show you a picture sometime when my yard isn't a complete monsoon.  Arkansas has really been whipped lifeless by tornadoes, hail, and storms these past few weeks.

And I've been a nervous wreck about my tomatoes.

But all that is neither here nor there... the real problem is, while outside last Sunday, I decided it would be a really good idea to plant flowers in my sports bra and get a little sun.

I figured it'd maybe take me thirty minutes to get everything in the ground.  TOPS.

Wrong!

I came inside for my first water break to discover it had been about two hours.  Then I went BACK out.

And later that evening as I changed clothes for church... do you know what greeted me in the mirror?

(Shield your eyes if you are sensitive.)



This.



 I refuse to make this photo extra-large.  It is repulsive enough. 
 I apologize for all the horrors of it. (Especially the visible elastic-lines.)

You can see that I did try to be good and apply sunscreen.  But I did it myself which meant I could only reach about halfway down my upper back and missed entirely the spot that faced the most prolonged, glaring sunlight.

~

I paid the price for being a complete dodo-brain by spending the next three days in intense pain.  Good thing is was only right here, in this ten-inch rectangle on my back.  (Plus like a two-inch circle.)

~

Can't wait to see if this one makes it to the end of the summer.  :(

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my gosh... its hurts ME just to look at it :) Hope it's feeling better!

Ess said...

Oh my gosh crazy girl!!! Ouch!!!