Saturday, July 9, 2011

Window Treatments

Have you seen my newly-designed dining room?

I love it.

My dad helped me did this for me.

~
But the decorating has pretty much stopped here.

Ohhh... we've touched up the white paint on the wood-paneled wall a bit more... but it's still not finished.  And there's still no dining table.  I'm really gradual with things like this.  I like to watch rooms become "finished" over time.
~
I have moved the hutch back into the room and filled it with pretty dishes and bottles again.
~
And the next two things on my list that need to change about this room are:

1) The ceiling fan's gotta go.  A dining room ought to have a light fixture or chandeleir... it would be the only room in our house without a ceiling fan.  And that needs to happen.
2) The orangy-wood blinds.  I am NOT a fan.  Especially now that the room's had a facelift.  They stick out like a sore thumb.

~

But I need help with window treatments.  I know nothing about them.  My dad never had curtains in the house when I was growing up.  Just blinds.  The idea of getting curtains conjures up horrible images in my mind of an awkwardly-knotted drapery or a scrunched-up floral valance.

But more than that... I don't know the first thing about purchasing or installing window treatments.  And I'm not sure what would look good in this room.

Here are some ideas I've seen online though, and I think they could look good.  What do you think?

Option #1.  I think these look really nice!

~
Option #2.  Also nice.  These (I imagine) would be less expensive.
~
And Option #3.  These could look good one their own or in combination with Option #1.  Your thoughts?  I like that they're curtains, but they aren't too grandma-ish.  Not that I have anything against grandmas.
~
I'd appreciate any links, pictures, or ideas you have on the subject of window treatments, light fixtures, or accessories for a cottage-style dining room!

Hoping that by Thanksgiving we'll ready to have you over :)  

~Carissa

No comments: