So here's an update!
We're almost 37 weeks along!
~
At this point... the anticipation is starting to get REALLY intense. We had a doctor's appointment Monday and he told me I'm 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced and it got us really excited and hopeful that she might come early. I'm trying not to wish any time away because I know that once she gets here things will never be the same. I should definitely soak up the full nights of sleep and effort-free dates with Chris while I can. But hearing that there's been that tiny smidgen of progress is so exciting!! We're ready for Elsa to be here :)
I still feel very good (at least compared to what I've heard from others.) I don't feel overly huge or "about to pop." The only discomfort I have is hip, pelvis, and sacrum pain/pressure when I walk... and back pain when I sit. That's super annoying. I have to take this little camping pillow with me to prop behind my back everywhere I go... church, work, car, movie theater. If I don't have it, the right side of my back starts to hurt unbearably within just a few minutes of sitting down. It's so weird!
I feel Elsa's kicks throughout the day... and I can tell the difference when it's kicking and hiccups. Her hiccups feel like a little kick except each one comes in a perfect rhythm. I figure there's no way she knows how to kick with such metronome-like precision, so it must be hiccups. Chris is always asking me if she's kicking, and he really likes for me to text him and let him know when she is. I guess he just likes the little reminders that she's alive and well in there.
Oh, the other reason I'm trying not to wish for her arrival too soon is because both sets of grandparents-to-be have travel plans for the first week of August. We'd love for them to be close by for the birth (as would they, obviously) but we're so torn because we REALLY wish she would hurry up and get here.
My boss is letting me move down to 30-hr workweeks in August, which I'm really looking forward to. I have to be "full-time" up until Elsa's birthdate in order to qualify for disability benefits during my "maternity leave"... so I can't stop working ahead of time. But moving to an 8-2 schedule will be really great! It'll give me some extra time to keep "feathering the nest" around here... and do things like learn how to use my breast pump, haha!
Life is good. I'll try and keep the updates coming!
1 comment:
You're right, you will definitely want to remember all those precious moments and feelings! But don't feel too guilty when you don't get to update regularly :) being super busy is just part of it! I'm so excited for miss Elsa to be here-- I just know you're going to be a wonderful mommy & will enjoy mommyhood so much!
Post a Comment