Still dont know if anyone is reading this. Beautiful.
I just got done doing my Pilates Upper Body Scultping workout. I've been trying to do this DVD on a regular basis because I'm going to be in my friend Shannon's wedding this may in a strapless dress. Generally, I think I'm a good-looking person. However, I do not enjoy the fact that my arms have no tone whatsoever. I'm taking official action to remedy this problem, where in the past I've lifted weights, found it far too boring, and stopped. We'll see how this works.
So today in my teaching class, quite a few interesting things happened. We got put into groups for a GROUP PROJECT! Don't you hate those? In general, I do. Not for the common reasons. I mean, people always complain that one person ends up doing all the work, but I dont see that usually. What I hate is that you get into your groups and people all of a sudden become incapable of suggesting ANYTHING. Its as though the worst possible evil in that situation would be to take control and make the other people in the group think you're trying to "be the boss." So people sit like dummies until someone meekly asks, "So what do you guys think we should do ours on?" And of course, the next person says, "I don't care AT ALL." And of course this is true! No one cares... no one chose to do this assignment. It was assigned by the teacher. But somehow that person is then off the hook and everyone sits in silence because Heaven forbid you suggest something that the others would think is dumb! You end up coming up with NO ideas but exchanging phone numbers all around for all those work sessions you know people won't be able to fit into their schedule.
So this was part 1 of my class today, getting into groups. I was glad because I got put with people who I know will work AND who seem fine with making suggestions for the project. THEN, the teacher added a member to our group. I know he will not work. I know he will try to talk as little as possible during the actual presentation because he is just THAT cool. Our topic is whether or not elementary schools should do BMI measurments. His major is Physical Education, so that is probably why he picked our group.
Second interesting thing that happened: a kid fainted. We were working in the computer lab and all of a sudden he stood up, put on his backpack and left the classroom. the teacher followed him out asking what was wrong. He was kinda shuffling against the wall and then just crumpled. Now, there's this grown woman in our class, Judy. She's quite a character. Anyway, she was basically freaked out by this. She ran out of the lab to help and after a minute looked back up at the rest of us, so i took that to mean she had no idea what to do and went out there. Poor guy, he was so confused (of course... when you faint you all of a sudden are on the ground breathing really hard and you have no idea why.) Mrs. Smith was trying to calm him down and Judy was cussing and talking about how he "scared the crap out of her." I asked him if he had eaten today and he said no. The building was really hot too, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. Anyway, it was eventful.
Um... this week has got me really excited. For one thing, they are FINALLY bringing us some new Office episodes, and for another, my sister is coming for spring sing weekend. She rocks. And she's never gotten to come and stay in the dorms with me and hang out with me for her whole visit. she always stays with my dad and our grandma's house. So we're going to have a good time. I'm going to teacher her how to apply fake eyelashes. They are basically awesome in case you didnt know that, I wear them to everything formal now. And she's got prom in a few weeks.
Dinner is soon. And I'm prayin' they don't have cookies in the caf. This was a VERY junk-foodie weekend. Thank you PRAXIS for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment