Saturday, June 23, 2007

Wow Moment

I've been at Abby's house for one night now. I've been here before though, and I love it so so so much. Anyway, I always end up making decisions when I am here about certain things that MUST be a part of my future. This visit has been no exception to that.
I have decided that in my future dream home. I want the headboard of my bed to be like Abby's. Meaning: I want the headboard of my bed to be a gigantic window. This morning I woke up to the sound of rain and I looked outside and it was storming and pouring rain all over this green pasture in her front yard. It was absolutely wonderful. I didn't want to get up. I just wanted to lay there and listen and look. And then Jordan (girl) stirred next to me and I had the thought, "Wouldn't it be nice if I had this one day with my husband here next to me?" And then my next thought was, "I don't think anything could make this nicer. This is the kind of thing that God gives us that no circumstance can really make any better." I mean, I suppose having someone to share things like that with would be nice... but really I wouldnt have wanted to SAY anything to that person... or like, kiss them during it...I only wanted to sit still and look and listen. And I thought about how cool it is that God can give us things we cannot give ourselves. We can provide ourselves with so much to make us happy. This house for instance... dream house. Huge log cabin out in the country. So homey, so amazing. And yet the best thing about it is that there are huge windows and everywhere you are in it, you see out into the outside... the part God gave us that we can't give ourselves. And no matter where a person chooses to live, they can have that gift. They can look outside and see God's earth. And even if there's no pasture, there's the sky.
Perhaps someday I will share these moments of wonder with someone, and I'll say, "How wonderful it is just to sit and say nothing with this person by my side. How nice it is just to sit and wonder at God together." But I'm thankful for the fact that he has given me such peace being exactly where I am right now.

No comments: