In the last few days, I've been getting a lot done that needs to be done. Which is a good thing. For instance I completed my first big drawing assignment of the summer, gave it to the people, got paid for it, and also put two more names on my waiting list as a result of delivering said picture at church where people could see it. I also gave myself a deadline for my next drawing. I need to have it done by the middle of next week so that its matted and framed before i leave for summer school. Easy. I sat and worked on it all morning yesterday and I'd say I'm already 1/3 of the way done. (The next couple I'm doing are only of two and three people.)
But I've also been doing fun things too. Like seeing a lot of movies. Wednesday it was Shooter. Good movie, but I'd like to see it again because as with most action-y movies, I left still being confused about quite a bit of it. It's even tougher with this movie because not only are they DOING things that are above my head (pretty common) but they are also hard to understand when they talk... i think its all the whispering... I dont know. Anyways, then yesterday I saw Pirates 3, which I loved. I also rented movies and watched them last night. Liked Little Miss Sunshine (just like not love.) And HATED A Prarie Home Companion. (As in: it was so bad I wanted to commit suicide.) And I'm really not sure what the underlying point of the movie was. (Of course, maybe that was revealed in the end. I didn't finish it.)
I was however, struck by the themes in Little Miss Sunshine. The thing I thought was so interesting about that movie was that everyone in that family thought they were the normal one. And also every one of them had their own addiction. For the mom it was cigarettes, for the dad it was winning, for the grandpa it was heroin and porn, for steve karell's character it was... I dunno... he had attempted suicide. I think he was bit addicted to self pity.
Anyway, I can't get any more intellectual than that with it right now because I'm about to go eat breakfast with my family and then say goodbye to my brother and sister, who are about to go climb a mountain in CO.
1 comment:
i cant believe you wrote this that early. did you just say you get confused in action movies? yikes
Post a Comment