I'm finally home for thanksgiving after a grueling-ly busy semester, capped off by the Praxis 2 exam yesterday, which I was taking from 7:30 am until 4 pm. It was the most thorough test I've ever taken. It was specific for my content area, Spanish. There was listening, grammar, culture, essays in Spanish AND English, and even a section that tested MY speaking ability by having me talk into a tape recorder. I'm glad i didn't know beforehand what the experience was going to be like or I'd have been eaten up with dread for the entire week before.
As it is... I'm not in the clear yet. First I have to find out if I've passed, because otherwise I've got to take it again.
But as for NOW... I'm on break. I'm at home enjoying a lovely Sunday. I got to come home from a church full of people I love and cook lunch (which I love doing) for three people I love. All happy stuff. My dad is now pestering me to spend the afternoon washing my car because everytime he tries to squeeze past it to get into his truck in the garage, it gets him dirty. I do not want to do this A: because I'd rather start cooking my Thanksgiving stuff B: because I'd rather go to Wal-Mart and buy all the things I've just run out of C: because I'd rather work on my latest drawing... and D: the most important reason of all. It is FALL-time outside which means that at most its probably like 60 degrees, and the idea of heading out there with a hose makes me feel like I already have frost bite. I can't even hardly get warm inside our house and he wants to send me out into the freeze to wash my car.
So I'm blogging and avoiding.
But there's not much to say. I suppose I could just run the hose over the side of the car that faces his truck. That probably wouldnt get me wet. Ok, I'll go do that now.
No comments:
Post a Comment