Monday, November 19, 2007

I love me some Gray Days!

Still at home.
Day Two of my break, and it hasn't gone as planned.
For one thing, I actually felt self-motivated to go for a walk when I woke up today. (Never would've planned on that! :) That rarely happens so I took advantage of the feeling and went for a walk outside. Its was beautiful and gray out and I like that because I don't have to squint in the sunlight. I went to lunch at the Barnes with all the dads who build together, including my own, and he was in quite a sullen, quiet, worried and worrysome mood. This is how he's been ever since I got back, and I know its because houses arent selling right now.
I'm so very tired of this way of life. If ever there's a time where we're not worrying our brains out about money and bills... it lasts about two weeks and then we're right back to being miserable. So upon arriving at lunch, dad jumped on Harris and I to spend the rest of the day cleaning our house and two of his for-sale-houses. And he told me he'd pay me to clean the for-sale-homes, but I'm starting not to feel ok about that. I mean, at what point do I really just need to do that for him because I love him and because he needs it done, and not be taking his money for it? Ideally, the houses would sell and the expense of continually hiring someone to keep them from getting dusty wouldnt even be there.
But yeah, I need to go do those houses pretty soon. This doesn't really feel like a break. I'm supposed to be working on a drawing, working on a Conflict Management Project, working on a Christian Home paper, etc etc. I think I'm going to spend this whole week feeling guilty for every moment I'm not spending working on those things.
On a relationship note: I've discovered something about myself. I've discovered that many people in this world operate very differently than I do. I've been assuming for too long now that people think like me. Case and point, I will almost always try to get out of work or studying in favor of some more-fun thing if its humanly possible. Lots of my friends don't do that. They work and do homework even when they don't want to. Even when they could get out of it, and even when a more fun alternative is on the table. Why, as we speak, a friend of mine is spending her Thanksgiving break in crummy Searcy working at her job instead of spending it here with our family. This is unfathomable to me. If you live too far to go home, why would you not go home with a friend? Why wouldn't you ask your job for the time off? She and I have talked about this... and I DO understand that sometimes you don't get to do what you want because there are things you have to do. But I get my feelings hurt nevertheless. I feel like when it comes down to it, people do what they want to do. If you want to do something bad enough, you make it happen. Period. That's what I do. This makes it hard for me not to have my feelings hurt by my friends because i think, "If you really wanted to hang out with me... the paper could wait." And I know thats wrong... the paper cant always wait. But in MY world, the paper can always wait. The job will always be there, and if not that job then another one. Committments wont ever go away. And they'll take over your life if you let them.
Hmmm... I dont know. Anyway, I need to go clean.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahaha, that picture still makes me laugh

btw, hi :)