I just signed up for a Coke Reward account online. This was because I was drinking so many Cherry Coke Zeros that I thought, "Surely, I'd have won a car by now if I weren't throwing these caps away with these codes on them." So now I have the account and I've entered in like 6 codes and I have 15 points. If you get 215 points, you win a pair of Coke flip flops. Ridiculous.
Also I have finals this week. It is Sunday and I haven't cracked a book yet. I feel fine about this.
What do I not feel fine about? My relationship with food for the past two weeks. It has not been good, to say the least. My outlook on it is that Satan is very crafty and he knows that he can steal my joy when he tempts me to binge and succeeds. And by stealing my joy, he steals my desire to be Jesus to those around me. Which is why I've decided that even though he has succeeded just about every other day for the past two weeks and I have been overeating a lot. I will not allow it to steal my joy. In this way, perhaps he will quit trying so hard at tempting me to overeat. This is legitimatly what I believe, so don't laugh.
Aside from lots of eating, I have been doing some pretty fun stuff. Functions, for one thing. And dressing in different costumes, such as "Heber Springs Native" for the Dragon Roast.
OH!!!!! AND... I met Shane Claiborne today! Author of the irresistable revolution. I heard him speak last night and today and wow. This guy's onto something. haha, of course he is. He's onto exactly what Jesus intended for us to do when he brought the kingdom of God to Earth. I feel fired up one the one hand (to go out and just love on God's people) but then confused about how that needs to look during the next six or so months I'm still a student here at Harding. I believe I am here, now, on purpose. I'm just praying for God to show me pieces of that purpose each day.
That sounded hokey. I always smile to think how this post must come across to people who log on and don't know me.
No comments:
Post a Comment