The picture you are looking at is a picture of me during student teaching. It was my attempt at bringing creativity into the classroom and anwering the myriads of requests for a "food day" at the same time.
The lesson was centered around me doing a demonstration of "How to Make Quesadillas." It was the students' job to write out a recipe in Spanish based on what they saw in my demonstration. I vividly remember this day as bring completely exhausting. Not only had Sha'lon and I stayed up making all the posters you see, I was being evaluated my my supervisor at Harding and doing my dead-level best to keep the learning going despite the heat, nerves, and excitement of the students.
Which brings me to today. I'm SO proud to say that at the end of the two years I've spent teaching my sweet students at Lonoke (the same level the above students were at when I student taught at Beebe)...
MY students were the ones doing this demonstration for ME in Spanish, instead of vice-versa.
Here are a few of the pics I took of their demonstrations. (With black-barred eyes to protect their privacy.)
There's "Cómo Hacer un Buen Pudín de Bananas"
(How to Make a Good Banana Pudding)
(This girl was only helping for this project. Her own demo was also quite good. She's my personal victory story because of how much she has grown to love Spanish over these two years!)
And this one...
"Cómo Hacer Juevos Revueltos “de Julio”
(How to Make Julio's Scrambled Eggs)
Spanish names are great built-in pseudonyms.
"Cómo Ser el Romeo Perfecto"
:)
And my personal favorite of the day...
"Cómo Ser Bonita"
(How to Be Pretty)
(Demonstrated on a BOY from our class... poufed bangs, mascara, the works.)
I am proud. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment