I'm going to take a risk here and admit to you that I am fascinated by Mary Kate Olsen.
Ashley too. But Mary Kate has had a few moments in the past few years that make her a particular peculiarity to me.
For starters... there's the obvious question: What must it have been like to be a child actor literally your entire life? From the time you were a nine month old baby. I can't imagine. It was enough of a struggle for me to be constantly watched by my students for two years.
Secondly, she is by far one of the most stunningly beautiful woman I've ever seen. I've always thought that. I literally pored over Marie Claire magazine this month, studying these pictures. In an age where every woman thinks her appeal comes from wearing nothing, Mary Kate piles the clothing on. Nothing can detract from the fact that her face is, quite frankly, mesmerizing. I also love that she doesn't pluck those eyebrows.
Thirdly, her fashion sense is spot on. Incredible. She has some sort of sixth sense when it comes to clothing. And I want it. And I want every single thing from her clothing line because it is stylistic perfection. It is haphazard, yet chic... comfortable, yet head-turning. One of her T-shirts sells for $250. And just look at the ensembles she chose for the Marie Claire spread...
And yet, she's not happy. Anyone can see that.
She's about as private as they come, especially for being so famous... but one thing she can't hide is that she is not happy. She's understandably silent about the point in her life where she lost more weight than anyone could think possible AND they found Heath Ledger dead in her apartment. But she hardly needs to offer explanation... it's as clear as day.
I think she's just a walking, breathing testimony to the fact that you can be a stunningly beautiful billionaire and still experience overwhelming emptiness.
You can have everything this world deems worthy, and really have nothing at all.
I'm sad for her, because she seems resigned somehow... she seems to believe that if all she's gained hasn't made her happy, nothing will.
It may sound silly, but I'll be praying for Mary Kate tonight. God longs for her know him just as badly as he longs for each and every child in this world.
Pray for someone tonight who desperately needs to know the fullness of life in the Lord. Whoever that may be.


No comments:
Post a Comment