Monday, September 6, 2010

First Anniversary


One year ago today, we got married.

And we drove down the road on the evening of September 6th, 2009 
to Big Cedar Lodge and spent four wonderful days.

Our honeymoon was the most ultimate, the most fabulous, the most relaxing four days I think I've ever spent.  I'm sure that was partly due to the relief I felt not having to be at school that week... but only partly.  

This place is the scene for some of my greatest family memories.  Christmases in the snowy Ozark hills, hiking in the woods with my family with the leaves turning colors, summer days in the boat on the lake laughing and swimming and watching the boys wakeboard.  Big Cedar is so wonderful.





And honestly, my favorite part isn't even the outdoor fun.  
It's the cabins!  






Through various family friends who have invited us to stay with them over the years, our family has gotten to spend so many cozy afternoons playing games, watching movies, cooking meals and enjoying them together in the cabins at Big Cedar!

But let's fast forward to NOW.

Superman and I loved our honeymoon at Big Cedar so much that we decided to scrimp and save for another weekend getaway there for our first anniversary.  Deep in my heart I knew this wasn't the kind of thing we'd be able to splurge on every year, so we just couldn't wait to spend this weekend there.  The plan was to squeeze every last drop of fun and relaxation out of it!

Here we are upon arrival... 





and here are some pics of the fabulous cabin we got to stay in!





Rustic, eh?



You can come here and eat out for every meal... or not at all!  
Every room has a full kitchen, dishes, silverware... 
even and outdoor grill!




This is a one bedroom (for lovebirds.)  We pulled the TV right in front of the bed and rented all the movies we wanted (for FREE) from the front desk.




The delicious goodie-baseket.  
My absolute favorite thing is the caramel popcorn.  






Haha... what more do ya need?  We brought the items on the bottom shelf ourselves :)




We had PERFECT weather so we took a few wonderful walks in the sunshine.  

I took a few pictures of the different views on one of our walks.














We also took a nice walk at night and just gazed at the awesome stars!  We talked about God and all the things we still don't understand about him and about where our future would take us.  I'll never forget it.  

We even got to see fireworks on Sunday night for part of the Labor Day celebration.

It was perfect.  I even got my first massage from a male masseur!  (Or is it masseuse?)  Anyway, his name was Roger.  He was rather old.  He was not at all creepy and I enjoyed my massage immensely.  It only took me like a minute to get past the surprise of him being a man.  :)

I also discovered the world's best muffins, and the world's best veggie panini.  (Which is gramatically incorrect... one sandwich is called a panino.)  So that's a plus.





Here we are!

Big Cedar is ranked the Number 4 resort in the world!  For real.  

That said, my obvious advice is that you go sometime!  And if you decide to, be sure and let me know so that Superman and I can get you our discount because guess what?!  We decided to become members of the Owners Club!!  Now I don't have to cry everytime we leave because I know we'll be back :)

Better yet... come with us sometime.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

SO FUN!!! I love Big Cedar Lodge. Looks like the perfect 2nd Honeymoon. We went there last year too with my family... some of the BEST memories ever :)

Megan said...

I want to come!!! How much $? :)