Work is getting interesting for me.
I actually suggested in our staff meeting today that I start coming in at 7:30 each morning. Am I crazy? No... I'm just trying to be a problem-solver.
I'm kind of a catch-all employee at this point, it seems. I'm keeping up with many of my regular duties, while adding on many of the duties of the gal who trained me and is now at home spending a few weeks with her new baby! There is a temp filling in at the front desk during this time, but I lack the time to teach him many of the duties I could really use help with.
The true problem is that there are a great deal TOO many people who have every right to throw tasks my way. No single one of them is aware of the tasks two or three others have given to me... which all adds up to more than a day's worth of tasks that are ALL immediately urgent, ALL important, and ALL my responsibility. Also, in many cases, when I don't know how to carry out said tasks, the only person who could answer my questions is incommunicado.
I came home today feeling unsettled about 6 different things. I don't like that.
But despite that, I'm happy to have my job. I'm just trying to do the best I can to complete each of these tasks well and on time. It's just going to mean coming in early for a little while.
We'll see how this goes.
1 comment:
You must be awesome at what you do, if people are asking you to do stuff for them. :) Praying that all can get done with just the same amount of care and quality. :) Good luck on getting in earlier. That is a bad word. ;)
Post a Comment