I think I'm finally ready to talk about the ridiculous night I had last night. OH it's painful.
First off, I came home from work exhausted because I had woken up at 4:45 that morning. Yes. I know. 4:45 is an ungodly hour. And what made it worse is that it was actually more like 4:36. You know how when your mind and body are anticipating being wrenched from blissfull sleep much earlier than they should be, the result is that you usually don't sleep all that blissfully? I was having freaky nightmares about falling for a co-worker, and I woke up before my stinking alarm just because I could never fully shut down. I was too worried I might oversleep and the car-full of women I was supposed to carpool to Memphis with would be ticked.
Fast forward... I got home from Memphis around four and stopped in at Wal-Mart to purchase a few ingredients for the Pumpkin Bars I was planning to make that night. (It was this big adventurous plan to cook an actual pumpkin rather than using the canned stuff.) After Wal-Mart I had to swing by Krista's house to borrow her camera because I was going to blog about the pumpkin experience. (Stupid Nikon sent my camera back to me after three weeks of waiting... and it had the EXACT same problem it did when I sent it in. Turns itself off when I try to take a picture. Seriously, Nikon?)
Things started getting frustrating after about the third hour of trying to cook the pumpkin. I had planned on it taking awhile... but not THAT long. I still had a whole recipe to prepare, then photos to edit and post... and I hoped to do it all that evening.
Then... OH then... I was finally through the tough stuff and was getting to the last few steps of the Pumpkin Bars recipe. It was probably 11:00 pm. I went to pick up Krista's camera to snap a photo of something, and the strap looped around the handle of the kitchen drawer, yanking the camera from my hands! I screamed, "Oh Crap!" as it clattered onto the floor. Superman ran in and asked what had happened. I was sitting on the kitchen floor, wiping my buttery hands all over my face as I fretted and worried and attempted to turn the camera back on to no avail. At first, he snapped at me and walked out (something about needing to be more careful and, "Well, guess you broke it.") But he came back in when he realized I was bawling! I was so embarrassed and mad at myself for breaking my friend's camera! So then he pulled me in and hugged me and said it would be ok and we'd get her another camera. I still felt horrible but it helped that he was comforting me. Plus, Krista was extremely sweet about it today and told me it doesn't affect her trust in me to borrow something in the slightest. Whew. Big relief.
I ended up having to photograph the rest of the recipe with an I-phone (which stunk) but it was the best option. I'd have been even madder if the previous 3-4 hours of photographing had all been a complete waste.
To cap it off... I got unnecessarily frustrated at a friend of mine right before going to bed. I won't go into details but suffice it to say, I assumed something incorrect and let it get me completely worked up. And for someone who's been up since 4:30 and is going to bed at 1:00 am that night... it's pretty freakin' annoying when you get yourself ticked about something and it keeps you from falling asleep.
All I've wanted to do today was get past the yuckiness and into the weekend.
And its the weekend now. I'm past the yuckiness and ready to enjoy a few days of R&R!
No comments:
Post a Comment