Friday, October 8, 2010

A Friday List...

1) I made a Christmas list today. On it can be found everything from tiny pot-handle-covers for my LeCreuset pots to… diamond earrings. The one time I mentioned wanting diamond earrings to Superman, he thought it was really funny. I don’t know why. Who DOESN’T want them? I don’t have any!!



2) Here are a few other things I really want:

     -a 3-tiered/collapsible cooling rack for cookies

     -3 square cake pans (8-inch)

     -a watering can

     -slippers (I ask for slippers for every Christmas and birthday because I wear them out quickly… by wearing them to Kroger on a daily basis. Oops?)



3) My camera is in El Segundo, California at the Nikon Service Center!!! I hate not having my camera. I was going to take this awesome picture of this new necklace I got last week and post it for you guys to see… and the camera wouldn’t take the picture. It just kept turning itself off when I pressed the shutter button. So now it is in El Segundo and I’m here without it, and I’m very very sad because I can’t post on my food blog 



4) If you need basil… DO NOT I repeat DO NOT go to the store and purchase it. My basil bushes from Grandma Rosemary’s garden have mutated into mini-trees and I simply cant use all the basil before the frosts come. I don’t want any of it to go to waste and die when the winter hits…so come to my house or call me and I’ll bring you some when I see you. You can make pesto!


5) Tonight I’m going to Lonoke to see my former students rip it up on the football field. I never once went to a game while I was actually teaching them (shame on me!) Except for the Powder Puff game, and that was only so I could laugh at the guys dressed up like cheerleaders. But THIS year, they are seniors and I feel I must go cheer them on. I really am proud of them. Most of them. They worked hard for me. Some of them. Sometimes.



6) My office has a GRANDFATHER clock. The kind that chimes ever fifteen minutes. Seriously? Who’s grand idea was that?



7) I love raisins. I wish I were eating them right now in a big bowl of chocolate cheerios. YUM. One time I convinced Beth that chocolate-no-bake cookies would be exponentially better if we added raisins. We did, and they were. And for some reason she did not agree. What does the world have against the humble raisin? They are so deliciously chewy and sweet, yet tangy. Most dried fruit, really, is excellent… the result of someone’s genius. Who invented raisins?



8)  My childhood best friend and her mom are coming to my house this Sunday for dinner!  I'm going to make Rosemary & Mustard Roasted Pork Loin Wrapped in Bacon, Roasted Root Vegetables Soup in Sourdough Bread Bowls, & Strawberry/Walnut Salad with a Sweet Viniagrette.  Yum Yum YUM :)


Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

bhow817 said...

Allow me to help with #7. I like Raisins.. in my Raisin Bran Extra cereal. I like Raisins in oatmeal. I like Raisin in granola. I like Raisins by themselves.

I don't care for Raisins in chocolate cookies.

Now chocolate covered Raisins are different....yum

God invented Raisins because he made grapes and sun.

I feel a little gipped because when I came to your house last...we ate frozen pizza! :)

Miss you!

Runell said...

I miss you my Love, but I do have to admit that I do not love raisins in any cookies, but I do like them in a little red box with a lady on the front?