Does this look like fun to you?
~
I looked out our window today to take in all the lovely snow... and was greeted with the sight of about twenty neighbor kids standing in our street watching two particularly knuckle-headed neighbor boys as they sped up and down the road on their four-wheeler... half-naked!
~
I just find that too hilarious. I just had to take a picture, which of course they loved! They were yelling "Hi!" to me and just showing off and having a great time.
Well, except this kid... I think he was only doing it because he felt peer-pressured.
Look at him!
He's just standing there holding his shirt, wishing he had it on. Wishing he was inside. And what's with little "yellow shorts" over there? Are we at the beach or some Kick-Off-The-Summer block party? Where is your coat?!? Yes, I see you're wearing your knee socks but your poor little bright red arms are making even ME shiver!
Boys are so crazy!
~
As for my snow day, let me tell you about it. I got no definitive word from my work... last night OR this morning. Superman, of course, knew he wouldn't be working today by about Monday. So while he blissfully slept, I dutifully got up, got dressed, ate my "quick" breakfast I reserve for the workweek, put on makeup, did my hair and got into my car. About the time I was driving down my neighborhood road was when the snow started falling and sticking. I called my boss twice before he picked up. And when he did... he agreed that I probably shouldn't attempt to come in since this storm wasn't supposed to slow down. Gee, any possibility we could've gotten this news any earlier?? No chance.
I call that ridiculous. Can I not get a little consideration? A little notice beforehand? Really, all I ask is that I can, at the very least, be allowed not to waste one of my Clif bars and make a bowl of cereal instead. Allow me to have a make-up free day. The school-teachers get to know ahead of time. The medical profession gets to know ahead of time. Why don't the financial assistants get to know ahead of time?
BUT... of course. I love the job I have and I'll take this little inconvenience in exchange for a job I enjoy. I can't let myself talk too negatively about it because truly I'm blessed to have the job I do. And I'm blessed to be safe at home today, even if I did get zero notice. I'm over it now. Just had to vent a bit.
~
In other news... if you haven't read it yet... you must check out this post from my other blog about my new garden! I'm super excited to see it coming along and I can't wait to start watching things grow! (Secretly, I'm actually quite convinced that nothing whatsoever will grow in it. Last year's attempt at tomatoes kinda killed my confidence. But I'm also secretly hoping God will do his thing and totally prove me wrong!)
So go check it out! Big props to the Skinner Bros. yet again. They really do a great job :)
No comments:
Post a Comment