Today has been pretty much perfect!
Chris got a few extra hours with me and Baby Sweets this morning and didn't have to be at work til nine. :) We enjoyed coffee and breakfast together and he left just as Elsa went down for her nap.
While she napped I decided to get a little ahead of my Thanksgiving cooking and make some apple pie filling.
YUM!
This is the BEST apple pie filling I've ever made. It's flavored mostly with sugar, orange juice, butter, and vanilla... and just hints of the typical apple pie spices (cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and ginger.) Barefoot Contessa taught me not to overdo on the spices it and let the apple flavor shine through.
~
After Elsa woke up and was fed, we went on a lovely walk around the lake!
~
We saw our friendly neighborhood ducks...
~
And SO MANY beautiful fall colored leaves!
~
Elsa still isn't quite old enough to appreciate much besides the rhythmic lull of the pavement under her stroller. She feel asleep but a few minutes into the walk... but I was able get one shot of her glorious blue eyes in the sunlight! (Doesn't she look like a different baby when her afro isn't showing?)
~
This is my favorite season of the year! Fall in Arkansas just doesn't last long enough. Pretty soon these bright, crisp days will give way to gray, wet, cold ones. (Conveniently, I also happen to love those kinds of days as well, as they are PERFECT for staying inside reading and baking! And sometimes Chris even gets to stay home too if it's icy enough.)
~
I'm just soaking up the blessing of today. Thankful for my husband, my home, and my sweet girl.
~


No comments:
Post a Comment