But the reason I'm posting about them tonight is because I admire something about them.
I admire the fact that in almost every picture I see, whether editorial or candid-paparazzi-on-the-street, they always seem to be so... covered.
~
I know of very few celebrities (especially young ones) who refuse to cave to the immense Hollywood pressure to be constantly baring it all. Yet I'm hard pressed to find a photo of the Olsen twins where they're showing so much as a speck of extra skin.
Now I'm not suggesting they do this for moral reasons. (Who knows why they do it??) But the point is, they manage to pull it off and look stunning anyway. Don't you wish more celebrities had that kind of confidence? Not only would it spare us the constant exposure to their side-boobs, upper thighs, midriffs, and what-not... but it would spare our sweet daughters from feeling like they need THAT to be beautiful. (Not to mention it would spare our husbands, boyfriends, guy friends, dads, sons... from immeasurable temptation!) I wish that more people in the limelight were like the Olsen twins. I see these girls holding their heads high and saying,
"Show you my goods? I'll rock an oversized suit coat and floor length skirt instead, thankyouverymuch. And they will still gasp when I pass by."
It's true. We do. In fact I think they are all the more mesmerizing because of their boycott on cleavage. Perhaps the likes of Kim Kardashian and Blake Lively ought to put their beauty to the true test and take a cue from MK and A. Cover up, ladies! The truly confident can pull it off!

No comments:
Post a Comment