Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sweet Sayings...

Elsa has been saying so many sweet things lately, I need to write some of them down...

-"Dough-gee" - This is how she says "Doggy" and it is quite possibly her favorite word right now.  I don't know how/why our 14-month-old became such a dog-lover... We don't even have a dog!  But every time she sees one she starts clapping and hyperventilating and motioning for the dog to come closer.  When she's near a dog, her entire objective is to touch it.  She is fearless!  Usually the word "doggy: is repeated multiple times in a row, with a "woof woof" thrown in here & there.  So sweet!  Today I even heard her in her crib over the baby monitor repeating "Doggy... Doggy... Doggy."

-"Butt" - Elsa heard the word "button" once.  Once.  And that was all it took.  Now she is constantly pointing out buttons to me.  And pretty much every round small object is a button.  Only... she doesn't quite get the "on" tacked onto the word... she just says "Bu-TT" with a very sharply pronounced T-sound.  Crazy girl!

-"Da-ddee" and "Mo-mmee" - This is a new one and it's fun.  She can now say Daddy & Mommy instead of just DaDa and MaMa.  We can tell she's really proud of it too :)  She loves repeating words we ask her to say.

-"Awiiiiight!" - She latched onto this one very quickly too.  Some words, we try and try and try to get her to say ("Love you" is one of those... she won't even attempt it.)  But then other times, we say a word once... maybe not even directed TO her, and she'll start saying it all the time.  "Alright" is one of those.  If she hears you say it, she starts saying it.  And of course, it's super cute!

-"Up" - Daddy taught Elsa "Up"... which is much nicer than the whiny squeal she typically employs when she wants up.  She usually tries the squeal first, so then we say, "Do you want Up?" and she switches to saying that instead.  Usually she whispers it.  I have no idea why.  And usually once you've picked her up, she'll immediately start saying "Up" again... only this time she means "Down."  So we ask her, "Do you want down?"  And she says, "Daaaa!" for down.

-"OH, whas daaaat???" - This she has been saying for weeks and weeks.  It sounds a lot like "Oh! What's that?" but we think she uses it as more of an excited word for, "Take me over there!"  She often says it when pointing to toys, the refrigerator (where all the pictures are), and books.  The "Oh" part is the funniest.  She sounds so genuinely surprised when she says it, most people crack up.

- "Der-e-eees" - Elsa's way of copying us when we play peek-a-boo and say "There she is!" or "There he is!"

-"Hi" & "Bye Bye" - Elsa really enjoys greeting people and bidding them farewell.  She'll do it multiple times in a conversation.  She's also been known to shriek "HI!" to people we walk past on our daily walks.  Sometimes it takes them very off-guard.  Yesterday at the grocery store, I was unloading our bags into the trunk and noticed that Elsa had been repeatedly waving to a woman sitting in her car nearby.  And the woman was just laughing like crazy and waving back.  Our little social butterfly!

I'm sure there are more, but those are the biggies I can remember tonight.  :)


 Reading books is Elsa's favorite activity.
 ~
 She made it very clear to me through hand-gestures and babbling that she NEEDED to wear my headband.  I just had to snap a picture.  She kept it on for awhile!
~
Patting one of the many beloved "Doggys" in her life.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this! You need to video her next time so I can see her in action. I wish I could see her around dogs! So so cute!