Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas 2013

Hello Hello,

Hard things have been going on in our extended family, and I have had difficulty convincing myself to post on this blog because of that.  I'm better able to keep my professional blog (where I talk more about cooking and grocery shopping) from getting too deeply personal.  But here, that is much harder, since it is basically my chronicle of our family and how we're doing.

I have neither the energy to explain any further, nor the inclination to make our family issues quite this public via the internet.  So I hope that you and I will have some private time to talk or e-mail if you are concerned about us.  Know that we greatly appreciate your prayers.

To change subjects, people have been asking for Elsa updates!

OH she is a joy. :)

She's talking up a storm... every day something new.

She cracked us up this past weekend as she interacted with her Mama Casey (Chris's mom) during our pre-Christmas festivities.  Her affectionate name for Mama Casey is, "Casey" and it is soooo cute.  She actually knows all her aunts, uncles, & grandparents by name and regularly talks about them, talks to them (on her play phone... which is actually any object she happens to be holding at the time), and in person.  And this weekend, she took to calling Mama Casey "Dahliiiiiing!!" whenever she saw her, because Suzanne always says "Hi DARLING!" when Elsa walks into the room.

She's well aware that she's the most popular show in town.  She loves to dance for people and make them laugh.  She loves trying to say new words... and she surprises us with how good she is at it!  She'll even attempt Spanish and Italian words.  The word we were most impressed by recently was, "brocolli."  She said it perfectly!  But then she struggle with other easy ones, like "please."  (She says, "glaze.")  Too funny!  She loves to be read to and sung to.  Her favorite songs are, "I see the moon", "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", and the various songs Mama Casey makes up about whatever Elsa is doing (eating, sitting on the potty, whatever.)  Mama Casey is quite the songstress!

She's finally stretched out her one daytime nap to about 3 hours, which is lovely for me because she's pretty consistent with it and I can get work done or shower and not worry about her.

She lights up my day, every day!  SO thankful to have a sweet, squishy baby to minister to my heart during what has ended up being the hardest year of my life.

Here are a few pictures of Elsa and her favorite person!






Merry Christmas to all,
Carissa

No comments: