But I know I'll forget all these cute things she's saying these days if I don't write them down so I'm going to start compiling a list:
~~~
-Possessives-
She doesn't use them. She implies them, but that is all. Here are some examples: "I howd Mommy hand?" "I kiss Mommy knee." "I look Mommy belly?" "I dwink Mommy water." By the way, "Mommy Water" (aka: Mommy's water) is an actual thing in our house... Mommy Water is in a large cup with a straw and Elsa Water is in a sippy cup. And Mommy Water is decidedly better. And it will NOT DO for Mommy to hold the cup for her. "I howd it! I howd it!"
-"I want"-
Elsa communicates "I want" by saying "I have...?"
Examples: "I hab bwead?" "I hab peent buddah?" (peent buddah is peanut butter, btw.) "I hab milk?" and so on.
-Kwo-gew (This means "Kroger", a place Elsa is very familiar with.)
-Questions in general-
I'm sure all babies do this but I still think it's cute and I want to remember it. Elsa's questions are merely statements with a question mark at the end.
"I go owsiiiide?" "I go see Daddy?" "I go swing?" are very common examples.
-"Mmmmmmaaa!" (The sound she makes when giving you a kiss... instead of "Muah!")
-Fake sleeping (even when no one is paying attention to her... I think it's for her own entertainment.) She fake snores and everything.
-"Wee don't peepee in our..." -
Chris made this song up early in Elsa's life. The original lyrics are "We don't peepee in our panties! Peepee in the pot-ty, peepee in the pot-ty!" Genius, we know. :P But she loves it. Lately, however, Elsa has started to make suggestions for words to substitute for "panties" in the song. (Usually she pulls words from what she sees around her.) So we regularly end up singing things like, "We don't peepee in our lotion," "We don't peepee in our eye," "We don't peepee in a tree," "We don't peepee in our Mommy," "We don't peepee in our toothpaste..." and so on.)
-"Shoes on" -
In Elsa's mind... the word "shoes" doesn't stand alone. Shoes are called "shoes on."
-"Roooooaaar!" (Pronounced Woooaaaaw!")
The amount of times per day this utterance comes from Elsa is mind-boggling... and it's always so random. Like she remembers suddenly that she can roar like a scary lion and must do it right then.
-"I talk about ______________?"
This is how Elsa brings up new topics of conversation, particularly certain people. If she's thinking about my cousin's husband Zach (a favorite of hers), she will say, "I talk about Zach??" And then I have to come up with things to say about him. She always wants to talk about the most random people ever too... neighbor friends, neighborhood dogs, greeters at church, grandparents (of course), Kylie and Shawna, Beth & Miles. She is very big on name memorization.
-"Tickle Pits"
Similar to "shoes on"... Because we began very early on ticking Elsa's armpits while saying "tickle pits, tickle pits!" she now thinks "armpits" are called "tickle pits."
"B-I- Enjo! B-I-Enjo! B-I-Enjo! and Bingo was his name-o!"
Elsa loves to sing B-I-N-G-O... but the "n,g,o" just runs together as "enjo"
-"Hallelujah"
Elsa really likes this word. She'll say it to me, meaning she wants me to sing a song containing the word Hallelujah... and then when I do and I'm done, she'll say "Again?" ... "Again?" until I refuse to do it anymore.
-"One more..." (Pronounced "One moah...")
HOW could I have left this for the end? It's one of my favorite! EVERYtime we brush Elsa's teeth (morning and evening) I begin the ritual by brushing her teeth with the toothpaste, and then I rinse the toothbrush and let her "finish" with just water. She has the drill down pat! As we walk in to the bathroom, she tells me, "Mommy stawt..." and I concur... and then she says, "And den Owsa finnis!" When my part is over, she always says "Your turn!" (meaning, her turn.) And then later, once she's had a few minutes to hold the toothbrush herself and chomp on it awhile, I say, "Ok are you all done? " And she (always) says, "One moah..." and holds up one, sweet, chubby little finger. It cracks me up! And I always say, "Ok, one more," and let her brush a little while longer. I don't know where she first figured this out, it just started happening one day and never stopped.
-Book Memorization-
I need to video-record her reciting her rendition of some of her favorite books. Particularly one about a little chicken named Chester. She's gaga over Chester Chicken. She calls him "Chessha Chicken."
~~~
Ahhh. :) So many good memories to cling to. I'm glad I've written a few down. I'm sure I'll have to add to the list numerous times in the future, but this is a good start!
~~~
New Things Added to the List on 5/1/14...
-When Elsa sees a music note, she calls it a "La"
I'm pretty sure this started months ago, when her Mama Casey was reading her a little book called Penny and Her Song. Instead of actually reading the story, Suzanne was more just talking about the pictures. And apparently instead of singing the words to Penny's actual song, she would just sing "La la la..." So Elsa started calling the book "La La!" which I thought was super cute. But since then, I've noticed that when she sees a music note, she says "Look Mommy, dere's a LA!!!"
-"Show Belly"
Elsa is obsessed with bellies and belly buttons. She's always requesting that people "show belly." She also loves to talk about "Baby in da tummy!" And lately we've gotten her to associate the baby in my tummy with the name Baby Ava. Very cute. :)
2 comments:
Precious! You'll never forget these... my children are 25 and 29 and I still remember their cute sayings.
The "I don't peepee in the..." song made me laugh out loud! Kids just bring so much laughter!
Post a Comment