Tuesday, April 15, 2014

15 Weeks!

I didn't post a 14 Week Bumpdate because honestly I felt like it was a pretty uneventful week and I didn't want to bore anybody.

So here are the 15 week stats!



Weeks:  15!  Out of the first trimester, whew!
Baby:  Baby Sweets II is 4 1/2 inches long... Can you believe it?  And according to my pregnancy planner he/she has sprouted hair on his/her head, as well as little eyebrows!  Baby also has a fine covering of lanugo (which is fuzzy hair all over the body.)  Sometimes it sticks around til after they're born, but Elsa's didn't.  We'll see!
Weight:  138.6 (+ 3.3 lbs... Creeping up there!!)
Maternity clothes?  I'm all about em!  I really didn't prefer to wear the "belly band" during my first pregnancy so I've attempted to skip straight to the full-panel maternity pants.  Only problem with that is they're a little difficult to hold up without a full-term belly, so I feel like I'm constantly tugging at them.  I know I should go shopping, but I don't like to with an almost-2-yr-old in tow.  Speaking of which, if you live nearby and want to lend me maternity clothes I'd gladly accept and take the best possible care of them!!
Stretch marks?  Nay.
Sleep:  Super!  No problems!
Favorite moment of the week: Mama Casey kept Elsa Friday night for a sleepover and Chris and I had a date night followed by the BEST Saturday!  We slept in waaay late, got to go to the gym together (that never happens), and I got to make these cupcakes for a friend's baby shower!
Miss anything?  Alcohol... still.  I want to find out specifically at my next Glowing Study visit whether I'm allowed to start having moderate amounts now that I'm in the 2nd trimester.
Movement:  Not sure... some times when I'm lying really still I think I might feel flutters, but I can't say for sure yet.
Cravings?  Ice cream, always!  If I could have it every night, I probably would (but the budget keeps my head on straight.)  Also doughnuts, hot corn dip, & chips and salsa.
Anything make you queasy or sick?  It's very rare these days, thank goodness.
Gender:   I'm afraid to even guess because I don't want to get too attached to either possibility!  Won't know for a few more weeks, but as of now I really am fine with either.  Although if it is a boy I'll be a little freaked out because it's "unknown."  :)
Labor signs:  No!
Symptoms:  Occasional headaches, occasional heartburn (but not bad yet), and I'm more fatigued by less exercise.
Belly button in or out?  In-ish.
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Mood:  As good as usual (which isn't always very good, I'm sorry to say.)
Looking forward to:  Tomorrow's doctor appointment!  I love to get the update that baby's doing well and has a strong heartbeat!  Also Easter weekend because it will be full of yummy food, and also a much-needed reminder of God's resurrection power!!
Freak-out moment of the week: Hmmm... I got overly-mad at Chris because of an oversight regarding an E-bay fee.  Sometimes I get worked up about little things because they strike a nerve regarding all the hard stuff with my Dad that has transpired this year.  (Money stuff tends to do that because I'm resentful of the fact that we're using money that I wish my Dad were using for his retirement, etc.)  I never know when to blame pregnancy.  Honestly, it's probably never ok to anyway.  I made Chris bread pudding as a peace offering.
Thankful for:  What seems to be a perfectly normal pregnancy so far!  No scares and no debilitating symptoms.  And of course my sweet family!  Elsa cracked me up this morning by insisting I put this "bwa" on her and then hamming it up for the camera.  I told Chris we may have another America's Next Top Model Wannabe on our hands (me being the original.)  :)

1 comment:

Kathy Fridge said...

Oh, I love you! I so love your posts, the one yesterday on your blog was wonderful in a different way, but no less wonderful. I'm so grateful that you have Chris and Elsa and that they have you! What a blessed little child this second baby will be regardless of gender to be born into such a loving, Godly family who cares so much. There's still a very big hole at East Sunshine without your Dad and I imagine there will be for some time. But every time I hear or see something from you, Mallory or Harrison, I see your parents' presence, talents and love. Thank you for being so real and for having the courage and openness to share with us.