Baby: Ava is 6 1/2 inches long and able to kick, move, and roll! She weighs about 9 oz.
Weight: 141.8 (+6.5 lbs.) So far my weight gain is right on track with the goals my nutritionist and I set (nutrition and weight coaching is part of The Glowing Study.) But I highly doubt that'll be the case after we spend a week in Cancun!! Haha. :) Only 10 more days til we leave!
Maternity clothes? Yes- And I've realized that I'm severely short on shorts & jeans. The last time I was pregnant, I was working full-time at a financial office, so my maternity pants are all "business slacks." They are totally impractical for my current lifestyle and I don't even prefer them for church because the weather's already getting so hot. So I definitely need to go get a few items.
Stretch marks? Nope, not yet! Finger crossed!
Sleep: Just fine! Chris and I are enjoying our current routine while it lasts. We are night owls so we like to stay up late after Elsa goes to bed... usually we go to bed around midnight. And luckily for me, Elsa doesn't wake me up in the mornings til 8:00 or so. So I sleep like a rock and love every minute of it! But I know that'll change in just a few more months! Elsa didn't sleep through the night til after she was 4 months old... and who knows what we'll get from Ava?
Favorite moment of the week: Mother's Day weekend! I got to make a really special meal for the mom in my life (Chris's mom, Suzanne.) And then on Sunday morning, Chris woke up early and got me donuts and coffee and brought it to me in bed before church. Such a treat! :) Donuts have been a huge craving of mine!
Miss anything? Having more pants options to choose from when I get dressed.
Movement: Yes! It's so funny because my pregnancy progress book says I might be feeling "flutters" right now, but I'm telling you they are all-out kicks! Chris can feel them too. :) I remember it taking forever for him to be able to feel the kicks from the outside with Elsa. I love feeling Ava move!
Cravings? Zaxby's. I know you're tired of hearing me say that, sorry! Also, I can't wait to go to Cancun next week (for many reasons) but one of them is having all those food options right there at any time of day... and I won't have to cook a thing!! Holla! I'm going to annihilate some french fries!
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not too bad at all!
Gender: Girly girl. Can't wait to meet her! I wonder how different she will look/act compared to Elsa.
Labor signs: No. :)
Symptoms: Heartburn likes to hit when I'm trying to exercise... soooo uncomfortable. Also I get pain in my lower back and tailbone. And sometimes (really random times) I can't get rid of the "I have to pee" sensation. Other times it's just not there... so weird.
Belly button in or out? Half-in, half-out.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Mood: Decent. I struggled this week with my attitude because it got really hot in Little Rock and I'm just not ready to turn the AC on (it's only May!)... so this preggo was a little miserable at times. But thankfully, a little cool front is coming through this week, which will get us to next week when we're leaving town anyway and I can jump into the ice cold ocean anytime I want!
Looking forward to: I get to have another ultrasound Monday! It is the regularly-scheduled anatomy scan at my gyno's office (we just found out Ava's gender way early because we went to BabyViews.) I had a weird moment today wondering, "What if the next ultrasound reveals the baby is actually a boy??" I know people that has happened to. I don't think it will happen to us though, it was pretty obvious she is a girl. But still... what if? That'd be crazy!
Freak-out moment of the week: Lost my temper with Chris when he wanted me to close the door because it was letting bugs in but I thought it was too hot to have the door closed.
Thankful for: This upcoming trip. I've gotta tell ya, it's a little bittersweet. We originally planned this vacation with my siblings and my dad. And then in two short months over the winter, my relationship with my Dad suffered a horrible blow... and then he died of cancer (13 days after being diagnosed.) And now my siblings and our spouses are going on the trip as planned, only our lives have been changed forever. It feels weird to go back to a place where we have so many memories of Dad and our childhood, and it feels weird to be going without him... but at the same time, we are thankful for the chance to spend a week together relaxing, having fun, and getting away. Soon, my sister and her husband will move to Louisiana, and we won't be able to see each other as much as we do now. So this trip is a treasured time.
No comments:
Post a Comment