Weeks: 24!
Baby: Ava is kicking like a madwoman in there, I love it! She weighs roughly 1 1/2 lbs. now and her face is complete... eyes, nose, ears, and mouth are all where they should be. :)
Weight: 145.4 (+10.1 lbs.) Safe to say I've officially "popped"... I can tell a big difference in my belly between the last bumpdate and this one.
Maternity clothes? Totes.
Stretch marks? Nope! And the sunburn induced "ty-dye belly" is mostly gone too, thank goodness.
Sleep: Ok I guess. I've been adding pillows to my bed at home to try and re-create the glorious setting of my Glow Study moxus test... to no avail. (It's a test where I lay completely still and relaxed wearing soft scrubs with a blanket over me and pillows surrounding me, listening to aquarium sounds and breathing into a plastic dome to assess my metabolic rate. And it takes every ounce of strength I have to stay awake in there... soooo relaxing. My bed at home? Not so much.)
Favorite moment of the week: Date night last night! Chris and I ate a fabulous dinner (I couldn't stop oohing and aahhing over every bite.) And then we went to see The Fault in our Stars... which might be the only movie I've ever seen that I thought was even better than the book! It was completely endearing and authentic. And (finally) a movie that does what I wish every booked-turned-movie would do... it has an ongoing narration from the main character as a voice-over throughout the movie. WHY don't more movies do this?
Miss anything? What to wear being an easy choice.
Movement: Like crazy!
Cravings? Something sweet to cap off each evening, always. Tonight it was Haagen Dasz Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Exercise makes my heartburn act up fiercely, which I suppose is a sort of "sick" feeling... but no nausea.
Gender: Girl Numero Dos!
Labor signs: Nothing yet...
Symptoms: Aches, pains, and hobbling. It made matters worse today that I pulled weeds in the vegetable garden... my poor tailbone and hips have been screaming ever since.
Belly button in or out? More out than in these days
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Good, I think??? You'd have to ask Chris. I do tend to get pretty annoyed when getting dressed to leave the house.
Looking forward to: My 28th birthday and 4th of July! My special celebration is that I get to go on a Whole Foods shopping spree... can't wait to stock up on fancy ingredients.
Freak-out moment of the week: I'd say last night's date night was one freak-out after another, but in the best way possible. Couldn't get over how good my food was... then couldn't keep the goofy grin off my face watching Hazel and Gus onscreen just being so freaking adorable.
Thankful for: My husband. Movies like TFIOS make you thankful to be alive and in love. And of course my squishy, delightful almost-2-yr-old. I've been jotting down lots of funny Elsa Quotes lately to share with you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment