So here goes...
Weeks: 21 & 22!
Baby: Ava now measures 1 foot long and weighs one whole pound! She also has little teeth forming underneath her gums.
Weight: 145.0 (+9.7 lbs.)
Maternity clothes? Yes, rocking them almost exclusively now. I've never been a big fan of the "belly band", anyone else? I always feel like it makes my pants feel sort of like they're going to slide off when I bend over.
Stretch marks? No but I definitely have a strange case of tie-dye tummy now thanks to the sunburn I got on Day 1 of our trip to Cancun. Four days later my stomach started peeling and it still hasn't stopped!
Sleep: So-so. Sad to say the beds at our resort in Cancun were NOT comfortable, and on top of that, the walls were very thin, so each morning we began hearing shrieking children and slamming doors in the hallway by about 7:00am usually. I'm thankful to be back in my own bed, but the trade-off is that in Cancun I could set the AC as low as I wanted, and here at home we keep it rather smoldering.
Favorite moment of the week: Seeing Elsa Sunday morning after a looooong 8 days apart. (I know it sounds terrible that I didn't choose a memory from our vacation, but honestly reuniting with Elsa trumped all.) But I'll award second place to breakfast-time in Cancun every day... The six of us enjoyed it together each morning at a table outside, feeling the breeze and looking at the gorgeous ocean. Plus I am such a sucker for chilaquiles, my favorite Mexican breakfast food. I ate them every day!
Miss anything? Cool weather. I HATE Arkansas summers. The heat is downright oppressive.
Movement: Yes, plenty! I love it!
Cravings? I finally got some chicken strips and french fries (although at Chick Fil A, not Zaxby's) but it did the trick. Aside from that, my main cravings have been American food... because seven straight days of Mexican food (and/or Mexican attempts at Italian, American, French, etc. foods) really got old. Don't get me wrong, I SO enjoyed not having to cook for an entire week. But when we landed in the states, all six of us were ravenous for some good old American food... we didn't realize how much we had started missing it. I got a 16-piece chicken nuggets and medium fries at Chick Fil A, followed by a gigantic bag of fruit snacks from the gas station.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Apparently everything. I got a stomach bug from Elsa the night before we left for Cancun, and it had me throwing up for about 24 hours. NO fun! And then I was blissfully well throughout the whole vacation until the day we got home... when another stomach bug hit me. Today I'm almost back to normal.
Gender: Two ultrasounds have revealed her to be a girl, so we're trusting modern science!
Labor signs: Nothing yet. And no Braxton Hicks either.
Symptoms: Heartburn at random times. (Drinking orange juice right before bed last night was a BIG mistake.) Also some achiness in my hips and tailbone region.
Belly button in or out? Neither nor
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Mood: Good, but emotionally heightened at times. Wish I could share the latest example (pretty funny!) but it's TMI and might embarrass Chris.
Looking forward to: Lots of fun things in June! My high school best friend coming to visit (she is also pregnant with a little girl... due very soon!), a weekend trip to the cabin with some cousins/friends, my brother's birthday dinner, The Fault in Our Stars movie coming out, Chris's and my date night at Ciao Baci next week... lots of fun headed my way!
Freak-out moment of the week: Crying when Chris did something NOT cry-worthy. Again, wish I could share, but I better not.
Thankful for: My precious, sweet, perfect little Elsa. I can't even fathom how I will be able to make room in my heart for another kiddo, but I know I will!

No comments:
Post a Comment