Confession Time: I confess that I sometimes (ok... often) take my bumpdate pics on days other than my actual "weekly marker" so that I can take advantage of a cute outfit or good hair day. Anyway, today was NOT one of those days, because apparently this week is NOT one of those weeks. (I've had no cause to spiff up whatsoever... how sad is that?) Hence my "au natural" photo below...
Weeks: 32 :)
Baby: Ava weigh about 4 lbs (that amazes me!... It's getting so real.)
Weight: 152.6 (+17.3 lbs)
Maternity clothes? Yes. And I feel like I'm bursting out of them most of the time.
Stretch marks? Questionable.
Favorite moment of the week: Capturing this moment on Instagram. (Chris had Tuesday off and we did a few fun activities as a family... which was awesome!) Oh and last Thursday we celebrated Elsa's 2nd birthday and had a wonderful time.
Miss anything? Oddly, today I missed running. I cut it out of my exercise regimen very early this pregnancy because it just wasn't comfortable. But I do really enjoy the free feeling of running, especially in the Fall weather. Not sure when I'll have the stamina (and bladder control) to pick it back up again. For now, I'm sticking with good ol' Jane Fonda. I love that gal!
Movement: Ava is such a mover. I love watching it from the outside! But sometimes it definitely gives me that roller-coaster feeling that my internal organs are being shuffled around.
Cravings? Ice ice, baby.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not really... I just have to make sure I don't get too hungry. But that usually makes me more light-headed than queasy.
Gender: Girl... as far as we know :) (Kidding, we're pretty sure about that.)
Labor signs: So my Braxton Hicks contractions are getting excessive... Yesterday I had about 6 within the first hour of waking, and that general pattern continued for about three hours until I finally came home and lie down on the couch for awhile (like 4 hours.) I ended up napping and they finally tapered off during the late afternoon. I went ahead and left a message for my OB's nurse because they said to call if I notice more than 4 per hour. Haven't heard back yet, but I imagine they'll just tell me to take it easy and hydrate if it happens again.
Symptoms: Lots of Braxton Hicks, general aches, and the sensation that my stomach is going to pop open! (Especially after meals, haha!)
Belly button in or out? Out. :) It doesn't bother me though. I like outies!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Pretty decent, I'd say!
Looking forward to: I've arranged some special "professional development" time for myself. (Aka: two days where I can focus on the maintenance side of the Pretty/Hungry blog, instead of just keeping up with my cooking, photographing, and posting schedule. My mother-in-law will be keeping Elsa.) I'm looking forward to some extended work time to start knocking out the items on my to-do list. I intend to treat those days like a bit of a "work retreat"... a sort of vacation from my "day job" mothering Elsa, even though this will be another kind of work.
Freak-out moment of the week: I admit it made me a little anxious to be having so many contractions yesterday, even though they were irregular, short, and barely painful. I just have this worry that Ava's going to be premature and I don't want that! Early is fine. Preemie... scares me.
Thankful for: My mother-in-law and her willingness to take care of Elsa for us so frequently. Having family close by is such a blessing. (We said a tearful goodbye to Elsa's "Auntie Mowl and Uncle James" this weekend... they're getting settled into their new home in New Orleans.)
No comments:
Post a Comment