Weeks: 31!
Baby: Ava weighs over 3 lbs and is steadily putting on fat as she prepares for birth. I went to the doctor Monday and her little head is down (as it has been for awhile)... so hopefully she stays that way! I've carried both pregnancies very low, which my doctor attributes to a retroverted uterus. I'm not complaining because it makes breathing considerably easier since baby isn't crowding my rib cage... but it definitely isn't doing my poor bladder any favors.
Weight: 152.2 (+16.9 lbs.) Right on track!
Maternity clothes? Yes. I've been gravitating toward dresses and skirts mostly because they seem to be the least tight around the belly. I get SO MANY Braxton Hicks contractions, so I really don't like tight or thick fabric around my middle this pregnancy. (I was the queen of the "full panel" pants the first go-round... now I'm always folding the panel down to let my belly breathe.)
Stretch marks? I swear I can see them... but Chris says he can't.
Favorite moment of the week: Chris's office threw a baby shower on Monday! It was for us and another lady who works in that clinic who is also pregnant and due just a week before us. We were so honored by his co-workers show of love for our family. They treat Chris wonderfully and they love any opportunity to see Elsa when she visits Daddy at work. Also, I really enjoyed last Thursday because my sister and sister-in-law spent the day at my house and we made mozzarella cheese together. One of our last special "girls' days" before my sister moves to New Orleans. :(
Miss anything? Cooler weather. I know we've had a pretty darn good summer considering Arkansas' track-record, but I'm still miserable. I want Fall like a fat kid wants cake!
Movement: For reals! This girl moves so much and her movements make me catch my breath sometimes because it's like I can feel my insides getting jostled around.
Cravings? Chomping on ice... I love it! So satisfying!!
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not these days! :)
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: Braxton Hicks all the time! It's actually somewhat hard to tell the different between when I'm having a Braxton Hicks contraction and when Ava's just changed positions and moved forward in my belly. But I still think I'm getting them numerous times throughout the day. My doctor told me to call him if I notice I'm having more than 4 per hour.
Symptoms: The aforementioned Braxton Hicks contractions, plus achy joints after a day of too much standing.
Belly button in or out? Out :)
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Normal.
Looking forward to: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday! Thursday is Elsa's 2nd birthday and we are having a fun family party where everyone will make their own deluxe ice cream sundaes. (Think her pregnant momma had anything to do with that theme?) And then over the weekend, my cousin Betsy is getting married... which means nonstop fun with family and friends.
Freak-out moment of the week: I've been having some anxieties about Ava coming super early. Her kicks are so powerful that sometimes I get a weird, urgent sensation that she's about to break my water. (It could be her hitting my bladder, but it feels lower than that.) And whenever that happens I get a little panicky thinking, "Oh no, what if she's born at 31 weeks?!?" etc etc.
Thankful for: My almost-2-year-old little sweetie... even though she's become a terrible nighttime sleeper as of late. (Perfect timing, right as a newborn is about to enter the scene.) Also Chris's sweet co-workers for throwing the shower this week. And Chris, for taking the reins and planning our babymoon/anniversary trip to Memphis next month. Can't wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment