Tuesday, September 2, 2014

35 Weeks


Weeks:  35!!! (Almost full-term... I will feel so much relief when next week is here.)
Baby:  Ava is an estimated 5-6 lbs right now.  She's still head-down and everything is nearly developed!   She just needs a little longer for her lungs to finish up, and then she'll be good to go!  I start seeing the OBGYN every week from this point on.
Weight:  156.4  (+21.1 lbs)   Exactly the same as last Tuesday... 
Maternity clothes?  Yes, and I feel like I'm exploding out of everything.  Chris is sweet and encouraging saying that he likes when everything is too tight on me.  I can't say it's my preference, but at least one of us is happy about it.
Stretch marks?  A few hints, but nothing complaint-worthy.  She's still growing though, so there's still time! I'm not ruling it out.
Favorite moment of the week: This week Elsa's prayers have been taken to the "next" level, haha! She used to just say, "Thankoo God for loving uuuuuuus" over and over and over.  This week she has said things like, "Thank you for our blessings.  Thank you for our church. Thank you for making Mrs. Mary's knee feel better."  Chris and I can't help but look at each other with these stupidly-excited faces, which she can see because she always has her eyes open... so we try to remain solemn and just reflect about it later, but it's hard not to react in amazement in the moment!
Miss anything?  My old clothes.  I'm missing lots of outfit options I currently cannot wear... I'm pretty limited right now.
Movement:  Yep!  Lovin' that, as always.  A few kicks have actually been painful though, which I don't remember happening with Elsa.  Ava has just been a more aggressive mover all around.
Cravings?  This week is the most "pregnant" I have felt as far as cravings go.  I'll be dying for some Reese's Puff cereal... and then two minutes later I'm totally not interested.  Weird!
Anything make you queasy or sick?  The smell of poultry cooking.  I think I've avoided this common pregnancy-nose trigger because we've been eating a mostly vegan diet for quite a while now.  I rarely cook meat at home anymore.  (Still eat it when it's offered... just don't buy and cook it on my own.)  So this is the first week in a long time that I've been around the smell of cooking chicken and I've gotta say, it was a little problematic for me.  Turkey has the same effect.
Gender:   Girly girl.
Labor signs:  Lots of Braxton Hicks this week.
Symptoms:  I still experience shooting pain in my tailbone area (worse after extended sitting or standing.)  I'm super excited because I am having a 90-minute pregnancy massage this weekend as part of our Babymoon Getaway!
Belly button in or out?  OUT.
Wedding rings on or off?  On :)
Mood:  I've been rather stressed.  Some of it has to do with feeling huge and uncomfortable, and some of it has to do with the extra work time I've been having to put in for my food blog (I'm changing hosting services because it was getting to the point where my blog would be out of service almost every day.... which is the biggest annoyance ever because it means calling and sitting on hold with tech support while your readers get an error screen and your traffic numbers plummet.)  So yeah, I'm making some changes that I hope will pay off, but the extra time spent on that is a burden for me.
Looking forward to:  Like I need to say it... Babymoon Weekend!  We're gonna enjoy good food, lots of good relax time, and that massage I told you about.  I'm so pumped!  (And this week even feels shorter because Monday was Labor Day, so it's almost here!)
Freak-out moment of the week: Yesterday- big disagreement with Chris.  It was not something I would place fault on either of us for... just one of those areas where men and women see things very differently and it causes a clash.
Thankful for: The joys God has placed in my life.  It's like I'm hyper-aware of them after experiencing some very painful losses, especially in the last year.  I can't seem to thank Him enough for my sweet husband, my little girl, and our healthy baby on the way.

No comments: