Weeks: 36 - Generally speaking, the baby is considered full-term at this point, meaning that she will be fine if delivered at any time from here on. Yay! I'm majorly relieved because I've had this sick feeling all along that she was going to be premature.
Baby: Ava feels like she is HUGE. Measuring right on track though, so she's probably in the neighborhood of 6 1/2 lbs. After this week, the measurements they take at the doctor's office become less reliable because she'll start to drop further and further into my pelvis. Sounds comfy, doesn't it?
Weight: 157.8 (+22.5 lbs) The goal my nutrition coach and I set for my upcoming Glowing visit (which is this Thursday) was 157, and I'm pretty excited/astonished that I managed that, considering what a decadent Babymoon weekend we had. I realize most women would not care two hoots about this small victory... but I'm very goal-oriented and it feels good to my brain when things go just as planned, haha.
Maternity clothes? Yes. And lots of pajamas.
Stretch marks? Still resisting, it seems.
Favorite moment of the week: I got a prenatal massage this weekend and it truly made a huge difference. I've noticed a LOT more aches and pains with this pregnancy compared to my first one (some rather severe)... and the day of my massage I just felt like a different woman!
Miss anything? Sleeping on my back... I haven't mentioned that one yet, but it's a biggie. I really enjoy that position, but currently when I lie that way I feel like a 20 pound watermelon is resting on my stomach (which, it so happens, is exactly the case.)
Movement: Yep!
Cravings? Reese's Puffs. Aren't they delicious? I've always known that is a tasty cereal, but had no trouble resisting it before. But here lately, I crave it almost nightly. I also consume a LOT of bread (usually toasted with peach jam, or toasted with tomatoes and cream cheese.) I don't know if that one is a craving or just something I like. Also, ice... always.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Sometimes the heartburn is bad enough that I feel like I'm going to be sick.
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: My "Braxton Hicks" have at times felt more intense than just "practice" contractions... but only barely. So I'm sure that's a sign that my body's just getting closer to the Big Day! But there haven't been any major signs other than that. And I've been declining to have my cervix checked at my last two appointments, so I have no idea whether I'm dilated yet.
Symptoms: Here's a new one: ever heard of plantar facciitis? It's pain in your heel... kinda feels like you're stepping on a marble. It can spring up very spontaneously sometimes when the tissue of your foot becomes inflamed, and it totally stinks! Anyway, I felt fine on Wenesday, and then within an hour that evening I couldn't put weight on my left foot. Apparently it happens to pregnant women sometimes because the hormone relaxin can cause your arches to fall. I've been wearing an Ace wrap on my left foot for added support. Very high-fashion.
Belly button in or out? OUT.
Wedding rings on or off? On :)
Mood: Stressed. Moving my food blog over from Bluehost to InMotion has been a bumpy process (to put it very mildly.) I've had to spend a lot of time doing things I don't enjoy, like sitting on hold with Tech Support. Please join me in praying that all these kinks are worked out and behind me by the time Ava arrives!
Looking forward to: This Saturday, some friends from church are throwing us a baby shower. AND it's a Brunch. So of course, I am stoked!
Freak-out moment of the week: Sunday night. The absolute low-point of the blog transition saga. I think I actually told Chris the stress was going to give me a miscarriage.
Thankful for: Today Chris had a day off, no surgeries scheduled! I love making sweet memories with Elsa on days like this. These are very good times. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment