
I just had my heart broken by my first viewing of the movie Roman Holiday. It was so so so wonderful. I've been on a new kick lately with old movies. I don't know how so many absolutely perfect men existed back then. Earlier this year I tried to make a list of the guy celebrities I thought were hot, and it took forever to think of any! But each time I see a new old movie, I fall in love with whatever man is the star. Gregory Peck and Rock Hudson are two of my favorites. And its not just their looks, its the way they talk. They just sound so warm and kind and strong and protective.
wow... enough of that. ok so I got back earlier today from camping with some friends. I'm glad I went, and actually I went back and forth most of the day yesterday about whether or not to go. I was feeling pretty anti-social and unexcited about the trip, for one thing. For another, I wasn't sure it was smart to go because I don't have ANY money right now and the cost was adding up. For another, I don't really enjoy the boy one of my best friends is dating and its hard for me to be around him. When he's in a disagreeable mood, he annoys me. And when he's in an agreeable mood, he annoys me then as well. But its not really something I have control over, so sometimes I just choose to opt out of activities he's coming to. I opted to attend this one however, and am glad I did. It was a beautiful evening and day today and a very relaxing time.
It made me ready for what I hope will be MANY camping trips this summer with the young adults class from East Sunshine. Last summer we managed to plan one such camp-out and I just had the best time! We played this card game Rob taught us called "dirty bridge" and laughed till we about peed our pants... mostly thanks to brett barnes. We floated on the river. Laughed some more at crazy Kim Ellis and at Darren Smith talking about hating the South Beach Diet. Oh yeah and Beth saw Justing peeing... good times. I really hope we do more of those this summer. And I hope that I find a job that allows me to be a part of those things.
I am now watching Iron Chef and sending an e-mail to my dad. Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment