Monday, April 30, 2007

Today was a Triple-Whammy. Capped off by... a NOTHER announced engagement. I just don't know how much more of this I can take.
I won't go into the details of the triple-whammy evening. Suffice it to say that a few things happened that really threw me for a loop, and me getting thrown for a loop usually doesn't end up well. Boy oh boy.
I'm also really trying to avoid getting stressed out in these last two weeks of school. This really isnt easy, because I'm supposed to know a LOT of things for my finals that I do not know yet. Such as the names of all the Tectonic Plates on a map. hmmmm. And all the information about our Spanish readings for the whole semester. Yeah right. And oh my gosh! I just remembered (just now!) the Child Development test I have tomorrow! This day just keeps getting better and better.
Let's talk about something that DOESN't stress me out. Namely, my sister. Tonight I got a facebook message from her that made me smile. See, I never have to worry that Mallory wont give me a thorough answer to a question. And example would be last semester when I was in Chile and missed Anna and Nathan's wedding, I asked her to tell me about it. She sent me an e-mail that I later found out she wrote over a period of DAYS. In this letter, I found out not only every single decorative detail of the wedding ceremony, but every detail of every event that surrounded the ceremony, a full description of the outfits each relative wore, a list of the rules for a new game that our cousins taught her the night before the wedding... basically every POSSIBLE minute thing that happened... she relayed to me.
So here's what made me smile tonight. She wants me to take her out to lunch this friday when I visit her school. She wants to go to the tea room because "its quiche day." so in my last letter i wrote to ask her how much "quiche day" costs. and this is the letter i got back:

Well to get quiche, they have a menu that says
-quiche, and roll- $3.50
-quiche, roll, bowl of soup or salad, and drink- $6.50
-quiche, roll, bowl of soup, bowl of salad, and drink- $8.50
I usually get the 2nd one cause they have really good strawberry soup that's like a smoothie, and their teas are flavored and always really good, and I don't really even like tea. They've had blueberry, mango, blackberry, and fruit blend when I've been there and they're all really good. But I'd suggest you go and put our names in and then I meet you there, cause I can't miss too much of school, and that place is always really busy... but it's SOOO worth it, cause it's delicious. :) mmmm, quiche

Thank you Mallory. For brightening up my triple-whammy of a day.
My tip to the world: Don't have your body fat percentage measured. It's useless information.

No comments: