Monday, May 14, 2007

I'm having trouble getting on here as much, now that it's summer. But fear not, faithful readers of my blog (whoever and wherever you are.) Because I do not want this blog to die. It's been a good place for me to vent. Or express myself. I don't know.
The wedding is over. This is a very good thing. It's good for Josh and Shannon because they have finally pulled it off and no longer have to answer to families and the high demands and pressures that entails. It's good for Beth because her stressful maid of honor duties are done. And it's good for me because the whole weekend tired me out. So many people, so many relationships in high tension between relatives, so much small talk, and conversation in general, and food food food to be moderate with.
Of course, moderation was simple PRE-wedding... I felt motivated because of the dress and the pictures. But Sunday night and today have been a different story. But that's all you're gonna hear about it because I'm not letting it get me down. Life is good. It's summer, I'm home, I'm going to Cancun in a few weeks.
Let's talk about some of my other business. How about that I went to the foot doctor today because of my bunion? For those of you who don't know, a bunion is when your big toe joint is dislocated and the bone sticks out way far on the side of your foot. It hurts to be on my feet for longs periods of time, espeically in high heels (which I l0ve.) And my options are: surgery. Or wearing tennis shoes all the time. No bear foot. No flip flop. No high heels. Unfortunately, the recovery time for this surgery is NUTS. You are literally off your feet entirely (like, your foot is elevated) for four weeks. Moderate weight bearing is allowed after that but you don't regain full activity for about three months. What 20 year old has three months to sit on her butt?! But the longer you put the surgery off, the more degenerative the condition gets, and repair gets much harder. So here's what I'm thinking... dad hasnt heard this plan yet, he'd freak. I'm going to time my two surgeries so they'll be simultaneous so I can overlap my recovery time. "What's the other surgery?" you might ask. Well, to put in plainly... I refuse to live with my breasts for the rest of my life. Not only are they EXTREMELY likely to develop cancer (at a very young age... both my mom AND her mom died of it before age 40) but they are FAR too large and bothersome. I'm giving the short version but this is well-thought-out. Years I've felt this way.
So maybe this is T.M.I. but you chose to read! I plan to have a bi-lateral masectomy in which they remove all tissue from both of my breasts (virtually eliminating my chances of getting breast cancer) and having re-constructive surgery afterwards with (much smaller) implants. This rules out any future of breastfeeding... there is siginificant scar tissue. All this I know. But the real issue.... is money. As always. I have none. And even if insurance covered this, we have a $3,000 deductable. And dad's not going for it. So what is my plan for that first whopping Spanish teacher paycheck? There ya go.
And if at that point the time seems right to have them operate on the bunion, then I guess I'll just be off my feet for awhile, won't I?
Other things I did today. Went to the eye doctor. Decided I REALLY want new glasses frames. Can't afford them. Went to the Barnes pool for an hour. Made dinner. Got on here.
So that's what up. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Feroz said...

Oh...and just one more thing (I'm a talker)...that whole second surgery thing sounds like living hell. I wouldn't know though. And yes it was TMI ;).