Well, the good news is... it appears that my summer job is off and running. Beth had the idea of me devoting this summer to doing all the comissioned drawings people have been asking me to do (of their kids...etc.) For years I've been turning these people down because I'd lost so much of the joy of doing art. Probably due to the rigorous demands of the interior design major, and probably also due to the fact that i was demanding perfection in many "other areas" of my life and couldn't stand to be doing it in the art area too. But, at least at this point... the prospect is exciting. I have a waiting list right now with five projects. The first one I'm doing is for Ed and Judy Miller. A picture of ALL NINE of their grandkids. (Which is going to be a high dollar piece because I charge per person in the picture and for the size they want it.) Of course they know about the cost up front. I think it will be a great thing. Hopefully I don't get burnt out.
I drummed up much of that business tonight at Harrison's graduation party, which was wonderful! I remember mine and how great it was to have all those people you love so much gathered in one place. People who love you, support you, and are basically your biggest fans on this earth. We ate and laughed, and cried when my dad stood up to speak, cried some more during the BEAUTIFUL slideshow he had painstakingly worked on with David Brown. I will say this for my father, when it comes to special family events like graduations and weddings... you dont get outta there with a generic celebration. It is so very personal, and special and emotional. I love my family. And I love the family of God we are surrounded by in this place. I hope never to be too far from them.
So, you may have noticed I prefaced that as "the good news." The bad news was that I went off the deep end for a brief time towards the end of the party and ate about fifteen brownies and washed it down with a Mountain Dew. I don't know what came over me other than that I'd been doing so well all day and all evening and then just decided I didn't want to do well anymore and went nuts. But I won't go into my barrage of self-deprecation or questions of "Why?" I'll just say, "For when I am WEAK... He is strong." And when I'm reminded of my weakness... I'm reminded of my need for his strength.
Haha, I really wonder if anyone reads this. Oh well, I sure like writing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment