Friday, May 11, 2007

Wedding, Harrison, and FBI fingerprinting?

I need a job. Now. Like, right this minute. And to my great distress, i got an offer today to spend the night at the Wrights and get paid $75, which i so desperately could use. But they needed me starting at four and we've got to do bachelorette stuff till 9:00 or so. I told them I'd be happy to come over afterward if they wanted me to relieve somebody for the night shift.
So today, beth and i have to go shopping for party things. Afternoon will be spent making Oreo balls and boob sugar cookies. Those oughtta be interesting. At five, the bridesmaids and shannon are getting makeovers and then we're heading out to dinner. wow. Lots going on.
Being home has been great so far. The first thing I did was cook a big dinner for my grandparents before Harris's graduation.
And he SPOKE at the graduation. He did so well! They had three speakers, but he came across the most genuine, the most sincere, and i thought his words were so good. He talked about how success in life shouldn't be measured by what you do (your "good works" he called them... way to quote the Lord, bub!) but by your heart as you do them. And he said, "I don't want to be seen as a good person in this life because of what i do, I want it to be because its WHO I AM." I was so proud because even at this young age... that is what he has lived out among his classmates and everywhere he goes. Who he is is such a great guy. He loves people, loves his Lord, and his heart is sincere. And It hink its so infectious to the people around him. Its why they chose him to be Prom King, and why they chose him to speak at graduation. And he's only gone to Ozark high for two years. Let me just say, I am PROUD of my brother.
I called the Ozark Education District Office yesterday to see about getting on the substitute teacher's list. Thought it'd be a great way to earn money here and there. But FIRST, they're going to take my money! $50 to be exact... because one of the steps in applying is turning in an FBI fingerprint record which is not cheap! I can't decide if I should just go ahead and do it or not. I know you gotta be willing to sacrifice to get returns, but I don't have that money right now and I also don't have a job yet, so there's no assurance its on the way. hmmmm....

No comments: