Let's see. What do I want to talk about? My day was nothing of interest. House-cleaning for dad (hoping he'll close on that house this week), and two different sessions of babysitting for the same kids.
I'm a bad baysitter. I used to be a great babysitter. Back when I was younger and just thought kids were SO cute and fun. But I've lost that. It's funny because Beth has too. Anymore you just stand there and humor them as they play. They want you to play with them... and half-heartedly you try to feign enjoyment as you kick a soccer ball back and forth. Or you say "Yeah... great..." about their LEGO tower. But its not liek it used to be for me. I no longer WANT to be there, I'm there so that they don't get hurt, they go to bed in time, and I get paid.
How horrible. No one would ever call me again if they knew those things. But I think it's a stage. Right now I'm in the "Disenchanted with Kids" stage. And HOPEFULLY if a few (or more than a few) years I will feel re-enchanted enough with them to want some of my own. People would be way better off if they hired my brother to watch their kids. I honestly don't know how he can enjoy playing with kids as much as he does.
Oh how about this. Today I ate only fruits and vegetables. It SUCKED. It's part of a colon-cleansing regimen that Beth did this last semester. Her doctor wrote it out for her. Over a period of three days, you cleanse your colon by: Eating only fruits and veggies on day one, eating only 100% juice on day two and capping the day off with 1/4 C. of straight Olive Oil down the hatch, followed by one more day of fruits and veggies. The olive oil part is where the "cleansing" comes in. She says be prepared for an experience unlike any other. But she also says that she felt GREAT after she did it. And who doesn't want to feel GREAT?! I know I do.
But like I said, I've only done the first day and that has sucked pretty bad, so I'm thinking tomorrow's going to be awful. Only juice. And olive oil. Bleaugh!
It's only 9:50 now but i wish i could fall asleep this early. its so hard to sleep when you are hungry.
No comments:
Post a Comment