Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Another Year Older...

I'm not going to talk about the fact that today's my birthday. Although it's been a GREAT day. The attention has just been on nothing but that, it seems, so I'd rather talk about something else.
Like how about the Searcy Annual 4th of July Apple Pie Contest? I saw a flyer for it today and I'm so excited because I am entering. All I have to do is bring my entry to the town square tomorrow between 8 and 10 am. Then I have to be back when they announce the winners at 1. The winner gets their recipe published in the Searcy cookbook, among other fabulous prizes I didn't bother to read about.
So I made my pie today. And its awesome. Except that the Milner's flour smelled a little funny. I keep trying to convince myself its nothing, but everytime I go back to smell the pie it's there. Like a stale smell or something. Oh well, its definitely pretty... even if it doesn't end up tasting good.
The Milners made me a Birthday dinner tonight, YUM. And my dark chocolate cake didn't cook right so we scooped the soupy cake over ice cream and it was the best thing I've ever tasted! And Mer gave me money and a Nalgene bottle (isn't that hilarious?! but she knows I need money.) And Becca gave me a velcro towel. You know, the kind that stays up when you wrap it around you while you blowdry your hair. I wanted one of those.
So this post is rather boring, but its been a very good day. Lots of people called to say Happy B-day, including an ex-boyfriend I haven't talked to in forever. It was very good to talk to him. And I have the fourth off of class. Yay. Life is Good.

No comments: