So... i found out today why I never recieved a grade on my report card for my Spanish class last semester. I was suspected of cheating on the final.
You might wonder why it is now JULY and I'm just finding this out. Well, my Spanish teacher has been in Peru all during June. But today I met with her (and two other male professors... didn't know at first why they were there.) They started by asking me to describe what I remember about taking the final. I told them what I could. They then asked me if there was anything else I needed to tell them. I told them no. They then asked me what had become of my notes from the class. I had no idea. I told them I'd probably thrown them away.
They then produced my notes for me. The huge two-inch thick file folder I had kept them in. APPARENTLY... I had indeed thrown these notes away... in the TRASH CAN of the bathroom right by our classroom!
I had taken the test in one hour and left campus straight from there. My car was packed and I was ready to go home. I'm sure I wasn't even thinking when I threw those notes away. But the teacher seems to think that other students who were using the bathroom during the test (after I had finished) were using these notes to cheat during the test.
The worst part was that she began suspecting me of having done this ALL YEAR (because we had a situation on our Chile trip where someone had cheated on the final by looking at notes left in the classroom bathroom.) She said that she started thinking about which students always go to the bathroom during her tests... and that I always had. (and I though, "Of course! Miss Hydration who has to pee like every hour... and now I'm paying for it.)
In the beginning I kept it together, but once I realized I was under suspicion for having been doing this all year (and overseas too!) I lost it. I was crying and snotting and trying so hard to keep it together and tell them that I would never do that. They kept pretty quiet most of the time.
I still don't know what's going to be the result of all this. They said they needed to discuss it more and get back to me. And at this point I'm just exhausted. I had already run errands all over town, on my bike! Went and got a haircut, and also a new phone (side note: my Alltel representative was very cute and friendly.) But now I'm beat.
So goodnight. Even though its like seven.
1 comment:
that's horrible!
i hope it turns out well for you.
Post a Comment