It's Day One in the second part of my summer (the part I spend in Searcy.) I'm here for a summer school class which promises to be very easy. I returned the text book today for a full refund because our teacher informed us that we have no tests. Just big projects and stuff like that. I much prefer that, I think. I also went by the Florist to double check that I have a job there. I do, but she doesn't need me to come in til later in the week. So after I did that I came back to the Milner's house and worked on my drawing. I have a bit of a headache, and I don't know whether to blame the drawing (all the concentration and detail) or caffiene. I've gotten a bit too accustomed to multiple coffees, teas, and sodas in a day. And today I haven't had any of that.
I've felt a little weird since I got here. I'm now living in somebody else's home for an entire month, I think that's why. I no longer feel like I have ultimate control over every aspect of my day. My room isn't mine, my eating schedule has been irregular, I've had class, I don't know when to expect people home and when I'm going to have time to myself. All of these things tend to be a little unnerving for me, but its ok. I'll get used to it I know.
One thing I'm excited about is that Corey is taking me to William Sonoma tonight! I've had a gift card to that store since Christmas, but never was near one of the stores. Apparently they have one in Little Rock, so we're going to go. I believe we are also going to look at dining room tables for Corey's house. And there's an illusionist/mind reader guy at Harding tonight (for the Uplift kids) and I think a group of us are going to go see him. So now I need to go shower.
One thing I don't like is that Becca's family has a cat and sometimes I find it in my room. Ick.
No comments:
Post a Comment