Saturday, July 28, 2007

Chapter Three: Flat Broke

If, because of my recent negligence in posting, you had begun to check this blog less reguarly and are only now finding that I have resumed blogging... I do implore you to scroll down and read the post right before this one (in which I apologize profusely for forgetting about my blog.)
That said, I can move on.
I am back at home yet again for the third and final chapter of my summer. I'm sure it will pass by very fast. The three chapters are 1. June at home 2. July in Searcy and 3.Half of August at home. In the next three weeks my goal is to complete one more drawing, and start on another one that I plan to take to school with me. This is absolutely imperative because...
I'm as a poor as I've ever been.
The fact that I had to spend half the summer somewhere else meant that I couldn't spend it working all the time. Though I feel I did my best with the time I had. I drew. I took hours at the florist in the afternoons there in Searcy (which I'll continue when I get back.) But even so... its coming time to pay my car insurance this month and I've never before had to experience NOT HAVING the money to pay for that. Thankfully by the time it IS due, I hope to have been paid for the last drawing I did. I also will have two paychecks waiting for me when I get back to school (one for working as Corey's assistant and one from the Florist.) So I'm not yet starving or destitute... I'm just not going to be able to do the thing I REALLY wanted to do, which was decorate my new apartment with my own artwork. I was wanting to go get the stuff framed. But that money (I suppose) is still in the possession of some school district somewhere who will someday hire me.
Enough of that... for the "fun news." Next weekend I'm going camping with the young adults class. (I wonder if Brett's going to be there. He made last year so hilarious.) The following weekend, Scott is coming to visit! Also, this Monday morning I have to go get a fingerprint and background check so that I can apply for licensure to substitute teach this year. I thought that might be a good way to make money while I'm at home during breaks.
On the whole, life's good. And thankfully, all current "guy friend situations" are at a comfortable point... except for one that I think I might have the potential to start worrying about any day now. No one any of you know. I'm actually praying quite fervently these days that (ooooh this sounds bad... oh well) that he has no feelings for me and wont develop any. Does God answer prayers like that? Something makes me highly doubtful that God actually intends to intervene in this guy's heart or thoughts and see to it that he has no feelings for me. But I dont care, I'm praying for it nonetheless.

No comments: