Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Mr. Phil and Splenda

I went to a birthday party tonight for a man named Mr. Phil. I'd never met him before, but he takes care of a woman named Ms. Janet who is in a wheelchar and is well aqquainted with many of the girls in my club. He's a sweetie pie. Just laughs and laughs and tries to get a few words in between laughs. He was turning 47 (though I had guessed 60 before I asked him.) Ms. Janet's wheelchair could get in Jamie's house so we sat out under the carpot all evening getting bitten by bugs. I was tired. But it was good because I think it was really special for Mr. Phil.
I'm afraid that I'm becoming overly-dependant on Splenda. I truly believe that that substance is going to prove dangerous one of these days, but for the time being I've been having a problem not taking advantage of it. Like, all day I will eat mainly things that contain hardly any calories. Things like Splenda pudding cups and Coke Zero and Splenda yogurt and coffee with sugar-free creamer. I think I'm just too entranced by the fact that these things are so low-cal. I realize I need calories... but I don't know... its just become hard for me not to go crazy eating things that leave me "guilt-free." I'm thinking its probably bad, but for such a long time I told myself, "No soda, and no this or that..." and all of a sudden I can eat those things and not feel bad, but its like im not eating any real or normal food anymore.
I hate when you're so tired but you can't go to bed until you take a shower. I'm covered in bug-spray from Mr. Phil's party so I couldnt possibly go to bed like this.

No comments: