Monday, July 9, 2007

Well, I think my good name is restored as of today. Very good news. There are still some particulars to sort out (for some reason the committee needs to get their hands on copies of the notes that I DID keep for spanish. what that will prove... i have no idea. so im trying to get those sent from home for review. Weird, I think.) But anyway, that was a very positive part of my day.
Another positive part of my day: I got to sit and talk with Laura Bright Miller at her workplace today for HOURS. Oh, it was so good! She is such a dear person to me and talking with her is one of my FAVORITE things to do. I have a list of people who understand me perfectly. My cousin Emily is on it, and so is Laura, and the only other two are probably Monica and Amber.
Another positive thing that happened was that I went into the florist to ask AGAIN when she could have me in to start working, and she put me to work on the spot! So now I really have my foot in the door and I'm going back Thursday.
Another positive thing: I got money in the mail! A check for $25 to be exact! Hello Harry Potter! (Meaning, that's the money I'll use to go see the new movie... I wasn't sure where that money was coming from.)
I think that's about it for the positives. Negatives? Becca's mom had a hard day. That made me sad. And it also rained really hard on me while I was running errands.
Here's a topic of discussion that a friend brought to my mind today. The idea that you shouldn't go to the grocery store to shop when you're hungry. (As an analogy for dating: Aka: you shouldn't go shopping for a girlfriend (or spouse) when you're... horny?) And that seems at first to be a very wise thought. But at some point, the hungry person's gotta eat. He can't just keep refusing to go to the grocery store and hope the problem solves itself. It won't. So how does the single, young, "vibrant" guy (and yes this series of thoughts is on behalf of guys, not myself) satisfy that hunger in the meantime while unmarried? Or how SHOULD he? (or she, i guess... i take back the above disclaimer.) I actually posed this question in my health class last semester. No joke, our teacher was a 70 yr. old retired track coach who was doing a unit on sexuality. He was lecturing the class on a particular morning about the window of time that exsists during which a person is physically "of age" but single, and how people can deal with that. He asked if we had questions, and so I asked him ! "What is your opinion was about how a Christian should deal with it?" I remember some response about making sure to be involved in group dating... and about being sure to get plenty of physical affection from family and friends such as hugging, pats on the back, etc. Hmmmm... thanks a lot. I don't think that helps anyone... nice try.
Oh, Office time. We're catching Katharine up on Season Two.

No comments: