Sunday, August 19, 2007

I'm ready to feel back to normal again.

Did I mention how excited I am to see what this school year brings? Wow, that sounded SO corny. Probably because I just got done viewing High School Musical 2 (which I loved.) It's a bit on the corny side.
But seriously, I just feel like this year is going to be good.
Anyway, usually I'm really excited about the first day of chapel and classes... but I realized tonight that the first day of chapel is flag day and usually no fun. (There's a parade of flags for all the countries represented in Harding's student body.) Hmmm... no. I think I will actually be skipping it this year. Instead I'm going to go have breakfast in Becca's room. My first class is Christian Home at ten. My roommate Kelli just signed up to be in the same class (even though she's already taken it!) I find that so funny... she just needed two more credit hours to qualify as a full-time student.
I've kinda been anxious/unsure about this Christian Home class. I know that sounds completely ridiculous, but I guess its because its the class where you talk all about the elements of a Christian marriage and family, etc. I just feel like studying all that will be weird for me. Like, how will I handle a class like that, when everything in me is screaming, "Don't get tied down." I don't know.
I feel like such a different person here than at home. Does that make sense? Almost like I'm writing my blog from someone else's life. Probably because my living situation just feels so different right now. I've spent the whole weekend hanging out with people I'm never around and doing things I haven't done in months. And I feel a bit uprooted. It adds to the strangeness that my brother is now a part of this world that used to be away from my family. I don't quite know what to make of it all.
I just had a VERY crappy realization! My plan to skip chapel and sleep in a bit was thwarted by the realization that I have a class at 8! (Insert my favorite expletive here.)

No comments: