I’m blogging now but posting later. That’s because I’ve got my computer with me in our living room away from my internet jack. And that’s because I’m up eeeearly in the morning doing homework… which is also the reason I haven't posted in such a long time.
I can’t BELIEVE how much homework I’ve been doing this week. I hate doing homework, so most of the time I avoid it and do only the bare minimum. But this week I’ve been inspired to really step up and get it done. That’s because I’ve gotta be free from all worry come this weekend. I’m going to Nashville with my roommates to stay with my roommate’s older sister and celebrate said roommate’s birthday.
Enough housekeeping… how about we talk about the fact that I’m TICKED OFF because some jerk guy was mean to my brother the other day. Of course, harris does not want me talking about this, so I’m sparing details, but basically if I knew this guy’s name I’d send him hate mail.
Yesterday I did my first day of pre-student teaching, which went surprisingly well considering how frazzled I was about it. I found out THE DAY BEFORE, that I had been placed at Jacksonville High School and that they expected me the next day at 9:00 am. Did I mention I found out the day before? Make that the evening before. So I had to do a mad scramble and call the Florist to say that I couldn’t come in and work my shift. I also had to go to my Spanish teacher’s office and ask if there was any way I could miss the TEST I was supposed to take in her class at 1. She kindly said she’d leave a copy for me in the office. Then of course there was the dilemma of trying to locate this school before the next morning, and then try not to get lost driving there. Which I almost did, but prayed a lot for God to help me find the right road and not be late, and it all worked out.
The teacher I observed was very kind and flattering. She spoke to me in Spanish and then told her classes from then on that I was “a fluent Spanish speaker, from the state of Missouri… so you see? You don’t have to be from another country to speak as a native does.” What a compliment.
That was all yesterday. At this moment, it is nearing 7 am. I got up early today to bake a lemon tart for Kelli. That was her birthday dessert of choice out of my recipe box. It was really fun to make. I like complicated recipes and this one takes two days, so its right up my alley.
I'm totally going to start blogging more, so keep checking.
1 comment:
hahaha, your picture is sill hilarious to me
Post a Comment