Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Seriously ask yourself WHY you are friends with me

You'd have laughed if you saw me today. I like to find solutions to my problems (as if THAT needed saying... if you've read this blog ever, you know that fact about me.) Case and point: if it is pouring rain outside and I have to be out walking in it, you can bet I will find the most comfortable, and least inconvenient way to do so... despite how detrimental it might be to my reputation.
Had you been standing in any of the entryways to any of the buildings I was going in and out of today... you'd have observed a girl walking IN from the downpour in a dress and no shoes or socks. This is because I have found that NO shoe or full-length pant can be a positive asset when walking around Harding in the rain. You will inevitably be soaked up to the knee and your shoes will be drenched. Flip flops are bad because they get slippery.
And if you were to continue observing this girl... you'd have seen her pull a small hand towel out of a Wal-Mart sack in her hand, and dry all the drips off her legs and feet. You then would have watched as she pulled a large pair of sweatpants out of said Wal-Mart bag. (And not the "cool" swishy kind... but the kind that have elastic on top AND bottom.) You'd have seen her pull on these sweat pants under her dress and wear them this way for the entirety of whatever class she was attending (because we all know its miserable to be soaking wet in an air conditioned room.) And lastly from the bag she would have pulled a pair of socks, and put them on as well. No shoes for the entire day. Too bulky. Not fun to have those smashing against you in a Wal-Mart sack as you try to juggle books, a purse, and an umbrella.
Let's see, did I leave out any other incriminating detail? Only that at one point while performing the maneuver of removing the sweatpants before going back out into the torrent, I definitely just yanked up my skirt and pulled them down like I would at home. Thank goodness today was a FULL coverage underwear day. At that point, I don't know whether you'd have laughed or cried. What a mess I am!
But now (Hallelujah!) the portion of the day where I have to be out and about is over. I'm cooking a lovely dinner for my suite and some of our neighbors. I've been excited to cook for people since I got here, so I couldn't be happier. Seriously, if I could choose ANY activity in the world... it might just be spending the afternoon cooking in a dimly lit kitchen while its pouring rain outside :) That or making out. Haha, just kidding. But seriously.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

fantastic. that was all fantastic. bravo