Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Crazy new semester

Its been too long, but as you know I'm pretty staunchly opposed to blogging just for the sake of an update if I have nothing good to say.
School's been in session for a week and a half now. We secondary education majors spend five weeks in intensive classes before heading off to our student teaching placements. And by intensive classes I mean: the SAME classes every single day until FIVE at night. Brutal. Add to that: a 7:30-9:30 night class on Tuesdays. It sucks.
Last night during the night class, we listened to a sample 30 minute interview done in Spanish by yours truly. My teacher used me as an example for the rest of the class as they prepare to take the oral part of the Praxis 2. Meaning the whole class sat and graded me as they listened to me, and then got to raise their hands and say what I did wrong. Yeah. For real.
So let's move on from that to some brighter news. This is the first time in a LONG time that I have classes with GUYS again. And I have about seven new crushes to show for it. (actually, the same class thing doesn't apply to most of them, but still... its exciting.) I've found, however, that I'm really only attracted to guys that I would never date. Why? Probably because they aren't a threat. It's fine to like them if I know it could never go anywhere serious? Probably a pretty messed-up mindset.
Also, I think that (for this year anyway) the Top-Model dreams are a no-go. Don't be too disappointed. I still would love to do it, but the summer after graduation is not a good time. I'm going to have to take another class over the summer before I officially graduate. Plus, Beth's wedding. It's just not a good time.
Another weird thought. Can you think of any place I'd be less likely to move to after graduating than Alaska?! But its an option on the table. Why? Because a friend of mine has (correctly) reminded me that I am YOUNG and SINGLE and I don't have to take the boring option right away. I can do the crazier options and then say, "I tried that but I didn't like it." But I can't so much do that later on, ya know?
So I'm currently researching to see how long a person can NOT teach after graduating before they lose their licenture. :) I want to do it eventually. But I want to be FREE first.

No comments: